Painting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Howdy,

I will be putting some effort into prepping and painting the Max. I have equipment and some experience. I did a tank and side panels once with House of Kolor and that paint is absolutely fantastic. But a year or two ago I found a site http://www.paintforcars.com and used it on my XS11. It turned out to be great paint and the price is very very low. Believe it or not, I used an acrylic enamel base coat and a urethane clear over the top of it (because this company advertised that you could urethane over clear with their unique clear). It worked very well and did not do anything to the acrylic enamel. The HOK paint was a urethane / urethane system.

What other paint systems have you guys found to be high quality at great prices?

At this point I think I will paint the fenders gloss black and probably will repaint other black stuff on the bike. I originally wanted to paint the faux tank cover black as well but I've been riding the bike with it stripped down to metal and I think I like the look of the tank cover and stripped side covers just the way they are.

Question I have is, what paint would approximate the way the air scoops and tank cover look when they are stripped? I'm thinking a metallic silver paint would turn out looking nice. What do you guys think?

I was going to just polish up the air scoops but they have too many imperfections due to the previous owners abusing the bike. The faux cover also has some dings and scratches. I also think a silver paint would look pretty close to the aluminum color, but am really fishing for opinions.

Comments?

Latest posts

Back