Part throttle miss

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Vmax20

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have searched and the only thing I came up with is that I might need to replace my spark plugs. Here’s the story: I recently replaced the factory exhaust with the Hindle dual setup and had my ecu reflashed (Nash flash) from ‘stock performance’ to the correct one for the new exhaust. I didn’t notice anything at first, except the power, but now after putting several hundred miles on the setup I have a very slight miss. It only seems to happen at low rpm’s under part throttle (think cruising at about 3-4k). When I really give it throttle I don’t notice it but I guess this could be due to higher rpm’s. I just tripped 8000 miles, should the plugs need to be swapped this early? Is there anything else that could be causing the issue?

Well per the manual the plugs need to be changed every 12k miles but people have gone 40k with no apparent issues.

Do you have a pod300 or an autotune installed as well?

No auto tune. Plugs are cheap enough to replace early, I just didn’t want to tackle that project until absolutely necessary.

Well, I changed the plugs (that was fun🙄) and put some injector cleaner in the tank but the miss is still there. I have also noticed a slight pop on decel from higher rpm. Any ideas on what to try next?

I just retorqued the exhaust bolts from the exhaust swap and everything is to spec. With new plugs and the miss is still there I don’t know where to look next. Does anyone have ideas?

Still trying to eliminate the miss on my bike. I have replaced the plugs, ran seafoam through two tanks of fuel and leak checked the joints on the exhaust. The exhaust gaskets didn’t show any leaks but of course where the pipes slip together did. The bike runs strong but this part throttle miss is annoying when just trying to cruise. Anyone have ideas on what else I can check??

Latest posts

Back