Pics and a lesson learned....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
I hadn't gotten around to posting pics of the new to me Vmax yet...so here goes. Forgive the quality, these were taken on my phone (not to bad for a phone really). Nevermind the center stand and side stand down at the same time.....

99 Carbon, little over 9k, progressive all around, UFO seat, crash bars, flyscreen....pretty much stock other than that. This is kinda a before pic. Mr. Morley is putting on some black Supertrapp's and black stock wheels sometime real soon.

Threw in another one of my Magna, it's probably off to a new home soon...I don't want to see it sitting around gathering dust.

As far as the lesson I learned today; it concerns shock settings. I had posted a while ago about Progressive 440's and what other people were running them at setting wise. I had them turned down 5 times (half way) and most others had them only a couple turns down. I set them to 3 turns and spun around for a while to see if I liked it. Frankly, I couldn't feel much of a difference....but my god the front wheel is coming up like crazy now. I downshifted into third to go around some traffic and pinned it...front wheel liftoff. Unexpected. At the next stop I got after it and pulled it up easily on launch and into second...may crank those things back to 5 turns :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Photo_052809_004.jpg
    Photo_052809_004.jpg
    70.9 KB
  • Photo_052809_003.jpg
    Photo_052809_003.jpg
    77.5 KB
  • Photo_052809_002.jpg
    Photo_052809_002.jpg
    67 KB
  • Photo_051109_001.jpg
    Photo_051109_001.jpg
    56 KB
Threw in another one of my Magna, it's probably off to a new home soon...I don't want to see it sitting around gathering dust.

I too have a Magna and a Max, I couldn't sell the Magna, I get a kick out of riding it. The Max is a great bike, but the Magna is too and I spread the ride load between the two.

What are you gonna ask for the Magna?

I too have a Magna and a Max, I couldn't sell the Magna, I get a kick out of riding it. The Max is a great bike, but the Magna is too and I spread the ride load between the two.

What are you gonna ask for the Magna?

Just sold the Magna. 99 with just over 16000 miles. Some really nice goodies on it (leatherlyke bags, corbin seat, jetted nicely, KN filter). Sold it to a 18yr old kid who really wanted it...it's his first bike. He gave me 3000 for it, I gave him back 200 and made him promise to take the MSF beginner course. Yeah, it's worth a bit more than that, but he's a nice kid and I like seeing a new rider start with a nice bike. I didn't really need the money, and wanted to keep it, but it would just gather dust, I'm a one cruiser at a time kind of guy. Hope they treat each other well.

He gave me 3000 for it, I gave him back 200 and made him promise to take the MSF beginner course. Yeah, it's worth a bit more than that, but he's a nice kid and I like seeing a new rider start with a nice bike.

THAT is awesome!
What a great idea, you get "two thumbs up" in my books!!

Just sold the Magna. 99 with just over 16000 miles. Some really nice goodies on it (leatherlyke bags, corbin seat, jetted nicely, KN filter). Sold it to a 18yr old kid who really wanted it...it's his first bike. He gave me 3000 for it, I gave him back 200 and made him promise to take the MSF beginner course. Yeah, it's worth a bit more than that, but he's a nice kid and I like seeing a new rider start with a nice bike. I didn't really need the money, and wanted to keep it, but it would just gather dust, I'm a one cruiser at a time kind of guy. Hope they treat each other well.
More people like You and it could change the planet ;)
I wonder that he made his promise but the most importatnt is that you made on this him. Time will tell...

Anyway +1 to you and ton of :cheers:

More people like You and it could change the planet ;)
I wonder that he made his promise but the most importatnt is that you made on this him. Time will tell...

Anyway +1 to you and ton of :cheers:

Thanks...I felt good about it. His girlfriend was with him, and she agreed to the deal...and looked damn serious about it. I think he'll take the course!

Very nice.....

That's a great way to introduce a new rider:punk:

I owe you a beer for that one:clapping:

Latest posts

Back