Problem?? maybe??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxgrizz686

Reaction score
When for a ride today first thing this morning fired the bike like normal noticed the tach didn't work for about 5 seconds max hmmm! Warmed the bike up in the driveway for 5 minutes or so idled perfect then we left . Right away it popped and sputter and ran like crap I noticed it also sounded like the vboost servo was cycling open closed like crazy so I cracked the throttle wide open pulled to 8000 in 2nd gear after that all was good the popping, sputtering went away and servo returned to normal.We drove about 110 miles for the day excellent ride not a single hiccup for the rest of the day.Bike good about 40mpg and lots of power performed normal.Any thoughts guys ??? THANKS :pullhair:

sounds like u were getting intermittent power. whats the battery situation like?

Sounds like a possible bad ground somewhere in the main electrical circuit.
The servo would be on and off, trying to play catch up all the time. Running
at a higher rpm may have vibrated or increased the voltage just enough to
overcome the condition (Temporarily?).

Just My Thoughts,
Dave

thanks for the info guys I'd poked around yesterday and didn't find anything wrong I did clean the main ground just to try someting so far all is well!! thanks again guys!!

Back