Put a fork in me!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Cause i'm done!

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

For those that have followed my posts on my hesitation issue I wanted to let you know the coils did not fix the problem!

I have not replaced the plug wires/boots yet but I am ordering those as we speak. Is there anything else electrical that I need to order? I want to get this done before I light this cocksucking bike on fire!

:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Re: Puf a fork in me!

HD,

I really understand how you could be getting frustrated. Remember you have a 20yr old bike that was not taken care of properly and now are fixing someone else's screwups. Work away at it one thing at a time and it will get fixed. Stay away from the temptation to change everything at once and pray something works, more often than not you will make it worse.

Here is what you do know:

1) Carbs are good. This is usually the first place one checks on the Max as they tend to be a bit sensitive to contamination.

2) Coils are good. Always nice to know that they are in good shape.

Here is what I would do:

1) Change plug wires/boots for sure. You don't know the condition of them so just to be safe I would do this.

2) Check your coil, cdi box, vboost, etc. electrical connections. A corroded connection can cause you fits.

3) Verify that your charging system is working properly and your battery is in good shape. You may already done this, I just didnt search the threads to see if you had.

From there you just keep checking and it will be found.

I understand the frustration. I am still writing the book on how to make rideable the sh*ttiest Max in the world.... Seriously, if a PO can do something, anything, to ruin a bike, it was done to the Max I am riding now!

I ended up sending my carbs to Mark, who graciously ran them on his own bike for me, so that I could eliminate them from the problem.

On my bike, it was the coil lead wires/caps.

I understand the frustration. I am still writing the book on how to make rideable the sh*ttiest Max in the world.... Seriously, if a PO can do something, anything, to ruin a bike, it was done to the Max I am riding now!

I ended up sending my carbs to Mark, who graciously ran them on his own bike for me, so that I could eliminate them from the problem.

On my bike, it was the coil lead wires/caps.

I went down the same road as you. I hope it ends up being my wires and boots...did you replace boots and wires or just wires?

Cause i'm done!

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

For those that have followed my posts on my hesitation issue I wanted to let you know the coils did not fix the problem!

I have not replaced the plug wires/boots yet but I am ordering those as we speak. Is there anything else electrical that I need to order? I want to get this done before I light this cocksucking bike on fire!

:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Plugs, plug caps and leads are one of the first things to check with the issue you describe.

The leads connect to the coils by a press fit. The internal core of the lead is pressed onto a metal spike to make an electrical contact and held in place by a compressed rubber grommet and screw cap.

The lead fits into the plug caps by screw fit. The core of the cable is screwed onto this screw fitting and a rubber boot fits over the top of the cap.

Both types of fitting are prone to mechanical wear, corrosion from moisture/condensation and will build up resistance over time.

The conducting part of the leads can be either synthetic cores like carbon or impregnated silicon or solid copper or tinned copper wire. These can all wear, break down, corrode etc overtime.

The plug caps have a 5kohm resistance (these wear out) and connect to the plug with a metal contact. This metal gets dirty, worn, corroded ect.

You have a spark plug which is metal blah blah ...do you get my drift?

All this things not working individually or partially working in combination, will cause a misfire.

When your bike misfires it can only be AIR, FUEL or FIRE.

When trying to find the cause of a problem like this you should ALWAYS start at the cylinder and work your way back along plugs, caps, leads, connections, coils etc to the more complex core components.

So go check your plugs, caps, leads and their connections.

Latest posts

Back