question on value

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
I picked up a new to me Vmax. It has been custom painted by Ed Webster, a well known artist in Va. It's not my cuppa-tea. The work is awesome, perfect in every way, but as I said, not for me.

What would be a fair asking price for the tank cover, front fender, and rear fender?

Here are a few pics...

Sorry they are blurry.

Here's a shot from his site:

http://www.edwebster.com/images/Gl001.htm

Attachments

• DSCF2675.jpg
    DSCF2675.jpg
    74.9 KB
  • DSCF2676.jpg
    DSCF2676.jpg
    56.1 KB
  • DSCF2677.jpg
    DSCF2677.jpg
    49.2 KB
That work new is probably $1000 and up. E-bay could probably fetch $500-600. I wouldn't post it until spring though.

:th_bump_2: - you'll never get the 'new' value on reselling custom paint, unless you get lucky and get more than one buyer who really like it starting a bidding war. It's been known to happen, but it's 50/50.

I would also wait until at least February/March - when people get their tax rebates - to advertise it. Try a normal auction at first, starting really low ($1) but with a reserve set to what you want for them, and if it doesn't sell, relist it but this time, make it a 'Buy it Now or Make me an Offer', this way you can set the price you want and leave it listed for a much longer time, and for very low fleabay fees.

Hey there Pickles, here is an alternative view sir. I am an avid internet V Max watcher. With this crappy economy one would rightly think that it would affect sale prices and activity. I have noticed that we crazy V Max guys seem to spend whatever, where ever whenever on upgrading our steeds. You will see decent factory sets of what you have around the $300.00 range. On the high end, there was a guy with a set that included paint matching scoops for asking $2,500 (no sale by the way) I think if you post them with a reserve to protect yourself is a great idea. I think the 1k others have mentioned is a price that will get them sold. I think they could go in the $1300-1500 range. I would do what someone else suggested. $1,500 "BuyIt Now" or "Best Offer"
You get extended exposure and don't risk selling too low. Some people get cash bonuses for XMas you know! What do you have to lose. I would trade a set of custom painted skins for a USD front end set up any day! Good luck

thanks for the replies. My father in law thinks I'm an idiot for wanting to go back to stock colors. He said the paint job is awesome. It's one of those things that doesn't click with me. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't know.

For now...I'm on the search for an older 4 into 1 Holeshot. Anyone have one of those for sale? I loved my previous one.

thanks for the replies. My father in law thinks I'm an idiot for wanting to go back to stock colors. He said the paint job is awesome. It's one of those things that doesn't click with me. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't know.

For now...I'm on the search for an older 4 into 1 Holeshot. Anyone have one of those for sale? I loved my previous one.

Hey you like what you like. I don't particularly care for those either, while I admire that they are very well done. Wait until March and you can probably cash them out for a stock set and enough on top for a new exhaust.

Latest posts

Back