rear brakes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
So I am in the process of doing a chain drive conversion and am running an 02 R1 rear wheel and rotor right now. I got a used caliper and braket from the same bike, how will the R1 stock rear brakes rate compared to the vmax stock rear? The rotor on the R1 is about 2" smaller in diameter so I am unsure if it will provide significant braking or not. On an R1 maybe, but my bike is obviously far heavier than an R1. Any upgrade options that will be a direct fit with the R1 stuff? I also plan on running an R1 front end at some point after I get this wicked motor and chain drive setup done.

The smaller diameter should work fine. Your chain drive conversion will be shedding some weight and the stock rear is far stronger then it needs to be anyway.

Sean

The smaller diameter should work fine. Your chain drive conversion will be shedding some weight and the stock rear is far stronger then it needs to be anyway.

Sean

Latest posts

Back