Reserve Issues still

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys was hoping you could help me make sense of this. I've researched this thing and really havent found something that is similar to what I'm experiencing.
So for starters dumb ass me , disconnected the harness that went to the sending unit when I was messing around with stuff last winter and got burned by it when my light never came on and I ran the tank dry.

So I connected it back up and last night I figured I'd test its functionality and let the tank run low and hope the light would come on , i'd swith to reserve, and all would be good.

Well the light came on but the sputtering began right away. I was like Wtf, here we go again..While sputtering I moved the swith back to on then to reserve and that semed to work temporarily, must have just sent enough to fill the bowls..Then it did it again, so I moved the switch back to on then to reserve again , and ok for a short distnace..Was able to make it to a gas station and fill up ...I should have restarted the bike with the swith to reserve to see if I could hear the pump working but didnt think of it then...

So does anyone know what the heck would be happening that the bike wont run while on the reserve but if switched back and forth seems to fill the bowls and stop until I switch it on and off again...

Thanks

you should check the switch which goes under the tank. i think it may be faulty. i had some an issue with my max but a little different than yours. my max someday started working only in reserve mode with a full tank. when you swith from reserve to on ........... no fuel. it was the switch i tell you. check it. i cant think anything else. if your red light didnt light up then your problem will be in your wires which again would cause problem with fueling the cabrs. i ve been there too.hope i could help

The answer you seek is simple. Unfortunately I can't tell you what it is BUT, the post for "reserve switch" is here posted by the famous Gleno I think. Use search function. I want to say your fuel tank sender is bad but don't hold me that. Don't sweat it, easy fix bro.

Latest posts

Back