shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
been taking quick looks at shift lights...i see some mounted to tack and some to bars...what shift lights are some of you guys running or what do you guys recommend

Hi Mark and 113,
I have a shift light that I bought from a member of the bigbikeworld.com site. He is in Brazil though. It's a third the length of the Harlin product and programable as well. It has two steps though. First a blinking phase and then 1K later a solid ( non blinking ) phase. Very bright also. I mounted it at the top of the speedo but still under the small factory flyscreen. You can't miss it:biglaugh:
I think you would be happy with the Harlen product though. Costs with shipping are simular.
Lew

been taking quick looks at shift lights...i see some mounted to tack and some to bars...what shift lights are some of you guys running or what do you guys recommend

What ever you do get has to be 2 cyl. capable.

I have a red raptor thats alright although it died on me once.They repaired-replaced it for free for me after the warranty was up.

I like my Raptor, easy as pie to install in 15 minutes, and I've never had a problem with it after washing and rain storms.
I just leave the rubber cap on it and cover the pin switch hole with electrical tape.

shiftlig101507gl8.jpg

shiftlig3101507zx3.jpg

shiftlig2101507jh9.jpg

I like my Raptor, easy as pie to install in 15 minutes, and I've never had a problem with it after washing and rain storms.
I just leave the rubber cap on it and cover the pin switch hole with electrical tape.

Weird! Mine has a black body with a clear/red LED's and a red cap...:hmmm:

I use a Raptor and an Autometer together for two stage. You'll have to tape up the raptor or it will die the first time you get it wet.

The Raptor is stupid easy to hook up.

The Autometer I've got without the "pill-box" and simply drive it off the RPM programmable output on my Dynojet Wideband Commander who's main purpose is to drive the A/F guage you see.

Attachments

• DSC00474shiftlightresize.JPG
    DSC00474shiftlightresize.JPG
    268.7 KB
I probably shouldn't post this... Chris already laughed at me for having the biggest shift light on a motorcycle already, but here is a MSD shift light I picked up off eBay for $15. It has different "pills/modules" that you simply plug in to change the settings. It isn't the most technologically advanced piece of electronics, but it works and was the right price..... bright as shit too! The mounting is a stainless steel hose clamp... once again... not the best looking, but it works.

Attachments

• P1010108.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    70.1 KB
  • P1010111.jpg
    P1010111.jpg
    82.3 KB
Back