Shimmer me timbers...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Can anyone explain how to shim the jets to fatten up the midrange? I know I take the diaphram covers off the carbs but then what?

I did a search with no results...

Abe

Below the fixed clip is a nylon spacer with a small nipple. Remove that and put a shim on the needle. It sits between the fixed clip and nylon spacer. The other is just a washer for the spring to seat against.

Make sure you line up the nipple in the spacer with the hole in the slide before tightening. You will feel it step down into it.

Below the fixed clip is a nylon spacer with a small nipple. Remove that and put a shim on the needle. It sits between the fixed clip and nylon spacer. The other is just a washer for the spring to seat against.

Make sure you line up the nipple in the spacer with the hole in the slide before tightening. You will feel it step down into it.

You guys rock! I actually installed them wrong and my bike was running rough as jenna jamison.

I bent the shit out of those little plastic nipples but they did bend back nicely and hold as well.

After install the bike is running great and seems like she picked up a few pony's...could this be???:ummm:

I still get the miss when lugging the bike in 3rd gear or above between 4-6K and I really can't tell if it got any better. Should I try a second shim?

Overall I swear the bike is pulling harder. What do these shims do other than fatten up the mid range?

I suppose the saga continues but it is getting better slowly...haha.

Mark

The miss I experience happens only in 3rd gear and above and only when I'm in too low a gear and punch it. When I punch it, it feels like fuel is totally getting cut out and the bike has slot of trouble passing through it. This only happens from 4-6k rpms. Once it hits 6rpms it goes back to normal. If I floor it through the gears from a stop it will go through all geats just perfect. Thoughts?

Before shimming again unplug vboost to open and see if it improves.

Okay, how did it run with 157.5's from 7000 on up?

What slide springs are you using? Try shimming more.

HDKILA,

Do you have an 02 sensor bung welded in your exhaust? If so, i could send you my Innovate Motorsports LM-1 wideband 02 kit. It will help you get your jetting spot-on by letting you know exactally what your a/f ratio is. You are welcome to use it free grattis as long as you take care of it.

I believe the springs were dyno jet stage 7 springs, I have the stockers if you want me to send them to you Abe.

Jeff,

Are those the springs that attach to the outside of the diaphrams? If you think they will make any difference send em...

Morley sent me an ignition box...i think i'm gonna try that next.

HDKILA,

Do you have an 02 sensor bung welded in your exhaust? If so, i could send you my Innovate Motorsports LM-1 wideband 02 kit. It will help you get your jetting spot-on by letting you know exactally what your a/f ratio is. You are welcome to use it free grattis as long as you take care of it.

I don't know...I will have to look.

Jeff, do you know if these headers had those welded on?

Latest posts

Back