speaking of miles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is Bill Seward's '85. If I recall, it has 120,000 on it.

Mine has 70,000 and keeps up with the "baby" Vmaxes just fine. :)

Tyler Pennock's 87 is getting way up there in miles. Know he is crowding 100k miles (well over 140k km) or beyond by now. Still runs strong too, just needs a wash.

Yeah, I'm gonna claim the High Mileage crown, till someone beats my total.
About 120,000 miles.

Cases never split.
Engine never out of frame.
Nothing done to drive train.
Heads never off.
Water pump never replaced.
Fork seals still original (but they're failing - so they'll be changed in the spring)

What I did.

Lots of tires, batteries, and brake pads.
All 3 brake rotors at about 60K miles (as memory serves - I'm old)
Replaced starter motor with rebuilt. (from a Venture, if I remember right)
Swingarm bearings.
Steering head bearings.
Carb diaphragms.
One clutch replacement. Went with stock - still OK.
Clutch Master & slave cylinders. (same time as the clutch)
Stator.
R/R unit. Should have done the Electrex mod years ago - would have saved a couple batteries!
2 or 3 sets of spark plugs, and caps & wires.
Needs a V-Boost controller box - Anyone got one?
Corbin Seat.

Oil & Filter Evert 2500 miles MAXIMUM.
This bike will either run forever - or blow up spectacularly one day while I'm hundreds of miles from home.

I love this bike, and you can't buy it!

Prior to selling my 96 - it had 112,000 miles - original engine except the 2nd gear was fixed - my 06 has 24,000 kms

Bill - it's been awhile your vboost has not worked - you need to try my manual boost set up - cheap fix and your in control of the boost amount.

Mike

That's over double what I have on my '06 but mine sat getting modded for nearly all of the 2007 summer... :bang head:

Ahh, that don't count. you would have put plenty of miles on Chris is your back wasn't getting fixed.

Latest posts

Back