Stock airfilter vs 4 individual

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vannlater

Reaction score
Hi.
I see that several producers offer a 4 individual air filter solution instead of using the stock one.
My noobie questions is : what is the advantage of using four instead of one ? And where do you actually install them ? Do you need to remove parts to install them ?

Hey, there is really no performance advantage to using individual pods, unless you also change your complete exhaust, remove your Vboost and go to Stage 7 in the carbs. Even then, using Sean Morley's modified airbox and jet kit has been shown to be better.

To use pod filters, you need to remove the airbox under the faux-tank cover, and then you also need to have some kind of filter on the crankcase vent hose, as it usually connects to the OEM airbox.

Bottom line - you're wasting your time (and $$$) on individual pod filters.

If you bolted them on to your stock carbs it wouldn't run worth a you know what...

You'd need air correctors in the carbs which are easier to do.

Go with Seans kit. It's straight forward and easy to install.

Chris

I bet you could find a way to run these without rejetting.

maybe take some silicone or something and apply it on the inside of the filters so air only gets sucked thru the top half or something. or to see where the airflow needs to stop use some gaffers or duct tape and then silicone up to that point on the inside.

Latest posts

Back