Thanks rand5107 and 65fury

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxrooky

Reaction score
Thanks rand5107 for setting up the meet this morning with 65fury so the wifey and I could check out the maxgasser... 65fury thanks for the time out of your day for a stranger my wife and I appreciate it.... Thanks rand5107 for the same thing also and thanks for joining the family and friends on the ride today.. We stop a lot so the wifeys don't get to crabby but other than that we have a great time....Ya these beautiful roads are right in your backyard... Hope you had a good time I'll let you know the next one we do...your bike is freakin awesome....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB
I'm so jelous of you folks out riding right now!...........Sounds like your having a good time!...........Tom.

I had a great day yesterday. I met some new people and reconnected with another. Vmaxrooky and his wife, two other couples and 65 Fury and I met up at the Fruit Yard Restaurant for a meet and greet. After checking out our bikes and seats, Jason went home for an appointment. The rest of us took a nice easy ride up Hwy 132 through the foothills into the Sierra mountains gold country. At Coulterville and Hwy 49, we split up and I went north thru Sonora, while Ian's group went south to Mariposa. I rode back down Hwy 108 to Oakdale and stopped by Jason's to rest my out of shape butt. Then I rode on home and filled up with gas. 140 miles on 3.0 gal. of gas.

Ian thanks for posting the picture of my bike. It's the first time anybody here has seen it. Rand.

Oops sorry that should have been your honor not mine great looking bike I'm jealous of the nice rims and tires package you have...and definitely your Fuel mileage!!! Now you see first hand why I wanna get this fixed ASAP its a pain in the butt!!!! So your carbs are stock everything? Thinking that's what I need to go back to...

I'm just over the hill ( in more ways than one) in Reno, Nv. Let me know when you run up hill again. Maybe a meet at the top of Hyw 4 near Bear Valley, Kirkwood, or even South shore Lake Tahoe ( yes I ski ).

Lew

Last edited:
I love that run up 4 and back down 88. I haven't done it in a couple of years. Nice campground at Markleyville, except for the bears. Also a hot spring with swimming pool.

I ride up 88 all the time making the trip up to see my parents in Nevada. I'm in the Sacramento area. And Markleeville has a great sandwich shop that I stop at every time I ride through. I also like to ride around Lake Tahoe. If you guys ride up this way let me know.

Back