The Kaw Vaquero

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Been wanting a cruiser that the wife and i can hop on and take gear without a back pack,crank up the tunes and put on some comfy miles. I really like the street glides but not a Harley fan have been looking at the Vaquero looks like the street glide has bags and tunes and a nice price anybody ride or own one?

I sat on one and got a decent look at one at Americade last summer. It seemed very comfortable, a perfect cruiser posture, though I'm relatively short at 5-8, though it seemed like there would be plenty of legroom for taller riders.

The dash was pretty neato, the gauges looked like they were straight from a 60's Mustang. Otherwise I thought it was good looking, distinct enough that it doesn't instantly look like another HD clone(but everyone will call it that anyway). The engine was particularly classy looking with a mix of matte black and chrome.

The MCUSA guys liked it as well.

Though only 69 rwhp of torque to push a bike that's nearly 850lbs ready to ride....can't imagine it's a rocket. MCUSA reported mileage in the high 30's.....so about on par with a Vmax, except with half the output.

This is why big block v-twins are stupid. Just because you want to "cruise" shouldn't mean you have to settle for lethargic, inefficient motors.

I think that's what a friend bought last year and he's liking it so far. He still has his Vmax too!

I rode one at a event in Homestead Florida about a year ago. Very nice bike. The only thing I didnt like was the side opening bags.

have a nice day
Hwystar1

Oh i will always have my max cant see me selling it EVER, I cant believe that the vaquero only has 69rwhp must have gobs of torque it is a six speed to i think.

The Royal Star & Venture are both pretty comfortable , plentiful , and have a similar motor to the max. With some modifications ( there's that word again ) , they can be a very sweet ride . I bought a R.S. and thought about rides with the wife ............ mods came along ........... oh well , it could always go back to stock . LOL

Attachments

• DSC02617.jpg
    DSC02617.jpg
    105.9 KB
The Royal Star & Venture are both pretty comfortable , plentiful , and have a similar motor to the max. With some modifications ( there's that word again ) , they can be a very sweet ride . I bought a R.S. and thought about rides with the wife ............ mods came along ........... oh well , it could always go back to stock . LOL
Nice looking bike !

very nice looking ride Rollie love the SOLO seat for the wife,LOL no if i moded another bike id be on divorce court!!!She has no idea how much i really have in my max,lol, if and when i get a cruiser it will get and exhaust and pwr comander and thats it.

very nice looking ride Rollie love the SOLO seat for the wife,LOL no if i moded another bike id be on divorce court!!!She has no idea how much i really have in my max,lol, if and when i get a cruiser it will get and exhaust and pwr comander and thats it.

That's what he said . :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

My" other" bike is a "bagger". Though not a v twin---- far from it. 95 HP and about the same amount of torque ( that's STOCK),big and comfy big wind screen and all black, with badges removed. Light on it's feet for a big bike also. Honda Valkarie Tourer----

If you can find one your should at least ride it.

Lew

Back