Throttle Cable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Has anyone converted over to a single cable rather then the 2 part cable?

I am wanting to change out the PUSH cable to one cable rather then the 2 piece has anyone done this if so what cable part number or application did you use?

NOTE: While checking my cables today I noticed that the "PUSH" cable was about 90% broke. If this cable would have broken completely it could have cause the bike to stay full throttle which could have caused disaster..

For those that dont understand cables: The VMAX uses a push / pull type throttle. The pull cable opens the carbs... the push cable closes the carbs working with the return spring. The reason for the push is the VACUUM could cause the carbs not to close under high RPM / VAC..

YA MAY WANNA CHECK THIS CABLE IF YOU HAVE A BIKE OVER 10 YRS OLD!

MINE WAS ALMOST BROKE UP NEAR THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY WHICH IS EASY TO CHECK...
1) REMOVE 2 PHILLIP SCREWS AT THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY
2) SPLIT THE ASSSEMBLY AND INSPECT THE CABLE.

The braided cables we sell are one piece cables (and not the easiest to install).

Sean

The braided cables we sell are one piece cables (and not the easiest to install).

Sean

Not really looking for any braided cable housing. Building a bracket bike not a show bike. Got any in plain black? I need to get these ordered ASAP, working on the throttle delay system as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back