Time to do a brake job.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
OK, Its that time of the year again to do a front and rear brake job. 98 Factory Calipers.
My questions are. Who has the best price on pads? What are your opinons on different brands of pads? Can motorcycle rotors be turned like automotive rotors? If no, how do you remove the glazing from the rotors so the new pads dont get glazed also?

OK, Its that time of the year again to do a front and rear brake job. 98 Factory Calipers.
My questions are. Who has the best price on pads? What are your opinons on different brands of pads? Can motorcycle rotors be turned like automotive rotors? If no, how do you remove the glazing from the rotors so the new pads dont get glazed also?

Green scotch bright to the rotor surfaces only.

Get a hold of Mike at www.whitebuffaloracing.com and have him quote you on EBC HH pads front and rear. They don't eat the rotors like the stockers and they stop like no bodies business.:thumbs up:

Chris

Yankee.... get me a set too! Maybe we can get a quantity discount.... anyone else?l

Jeff I sent an email over to him this evening before reading your post.
There is a complete set on ebay now for 79.00 + shipping. So we will see if this buffalo guy comes through. I wil let ya know. Another boring night at work, so I guess in the 11 hours of sitting here in my office I can shop for brake pads. :-" Anyone need a stage 7 crankcase ventalation system built?
Jeff when I get the pads can you come do my front pads and check my axle hardware? :rofl_200:

Sorry dude couldnt resist, I am just glad your ok dude!
:clapping:

Let me know what you hear back about the brake pads, and
sure, I'll be right over to help you out.... just make sure your life insurace is paid up! I still can't believe I was so careless..... I'm just glad the bike is o.k.

Jeff

I was planning on front pads from White Buffalo in about a week or so - I'll get in on a group deal if you need more buyers.

Got an email back from Mike Hammond Buffaloracing saying
"Front pads are $25.50 each caliper, rear pads are $25.50 and $4.60 shipping for
a total of $81.10"

Which is cheaper than Ebays 79.00 + 12. for shipping. Thanks for the input I have placed my order.:banana:

Nice! I think I found my new brake pad vendor for next time. I know, I know, 4gasem has said it all along....:thumbs up:

He sells more than that! Plus he's good to deal with and he's a racer so he knows what works...:thumbs up:

Chris

Got my pads today from Mike. How about 2 business days for service, and thats Cali to TN.:eusa_dance:

Ok, finished a complete brake job all the way around this morning.
I took the advice from here and ordered some EBC HH pads from White Buffalo Racing.
I turned the rotors to remove glazing and to ensure they were flush.

WOW! What a difference and I havent even put enough miles on them to brake em in yet. I thought I was going to go over the bars when I first hit the front brakes!!
They are awesome pads hope they just last and dont eat my rotors up.
81.00 worth every penny compared to the EBC Green pads that were on.

Ok, finished a complete brake job all the way around this morning.
I took the advice from here and ordered some EBC HH pads from White Buffalo Racing.
I turned the rotors to remove glazing and to ensure they were flush.

WOW! What a difference and I havent even put enough miles on them to brake em in yet. I thought I was going to go over the bars when I first hit the front brakes!!
They are awesome pads hope they just last and dont eat my rotors up.
81.00 worth every penny compared to the EBC Green pads that were on.

Yep and they are kinder on the rotors then the stockers! :thumbs up:

Put the EBC-HH on yesterday & thought they were great. Rode another 30 miles today & they are even better ! Must of taken a while to seat, but I was impressed at first ride. I don't even touch the rear brake now. Who says Vmax's dont stop well ?:banana:

was up guys, i just got some kevlar brakes from extrem sports on ebay for 51.60. i'll let you know how they stop.

Latest posts

Back