Using Tags When Starting a New Thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
new_ani.gif

Hello,
I've noticed a lot of threads being started without tags so I am starting this thread to make sure everyone is aware of them and what they do for us. This isn't really new but the newish emoticon went missing!

Tags are a really good search tool. If you go to advanced search you can see all tags that have been associated with threads and do a search for tags as well. The tags are like short cuts for the search engine to look for. It REALLY helps shorten the list up and get you to where you need to be quickly.

So here's what I'm talking about. (see pic) Just add key words that pertain to the the thread you've started. If it's about exhaust use exhaust as a tag but if it's about Two Brothers exhaust use brothers and exhaust and twobrothers for those who think it's one word and separate them by a comma. Common words will not work. Common would be numbers like one, two and words like if. If it's racing use racing if it's Road racing use road, racing. So basically any key words that go with the subject.

By adding these you are helping all of us!

Thanks,
Chris
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

new_ani.gif

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    80.9 KB
BUMP! Not seeing them used! Really helps when finding threads! Takes you RIGHT to them...:worthy:

hey could you provide a clear example?

Let's say I was starting a thread about replacing the front wheel bearings on my '86, what keywords would I use, and what syntax would be appropriate?

For example:

'wheel and front and bearing and info' ? :ummm:

BUMP! Not seeing them used! Really helps when finding threads! Takes you RIGHT to them...:worthy:

I've just added an Autotag mod that will generate tags for new threads if the OP doesn't tag his thread.

hey could you provide a clear example?

Let's say I was starting a thread about replacing the front wheel bearings on my '86, what keywords would I use, and what syntax would be appropriate?

For example:

'wheel and front and bearing and info' ? :ummm:
Wheel, bearings, bearing, front wheel bearings

This is what I would use. I used tags on this one and when I looked it up I went to advanced search, entered the word tags in the tags field and hit enter. This was the first one on the list! :eusa_dance:

Thanks Buster! What's the mods name/ ID?

Latest posts

Back