Valve cover r&r

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilD

Reaction score
How hard is it to r&r the valve covers, I hate that magnesium look they have, and it's a rainy day here so I thought i make take em off and paint them black.
In my best Mick Jagger voice, I see a valve cov ver and want to paint it blaaa ack.

LOL, they suck! I am going to be removing a freshly painted set in a couple of days. Pics of what they look like are in the engine section on Facebook (see link in signature). Silver accents with gloss black base. Probably can even send the bolts. All would be on exchange. I will even have the full engine cover set before too long too.

Won't be as cheap as doing it yourself but it's pretty sweet stuff. Been bead blasted then painted profesionally. Maybe $50 exchange plus shipping.
Sean

More than a morning project I assume than. Those are sweet. but bike budget is non existent right now. Probably wait till winter when i work o/t again and have a lot of bike down time.

okay. dumb question. when people say R&R what does that mean? it basically means take apart and reassemble right?

Just check out my valves job thread - it details how to remove them.

Rear's not too bad, but for the front you need to take a bunch of things off, to get to the Vboost servo. That needs taking off as its metal vboost cable elbow is in the way of the front cover.

Latest posts

Back