VMAX in the movies

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwardtxusa

Reaction score
A friend and I were trying to remember what movies had VMaxes in them. I thought the bike Tom Cruise rode in Top Gun was a max but have not verified it.

If you have Vmax's in the movies or on TV info please post.

Thanks

A friend and I were trying to remember what movies had VMaxes in them. I thought the bike Tom Cruise rode in Top Gun was a max but have not verified it.

If you have Vmax's in the movies or on TV info please post.

Thanks

Tom rides an early ninja in Top Gun.

There is an animated Vmax in the movie Barnyard. May be animated, but the inspiration is quite obvious.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

Didn't Michael Douglas ride one in BlackRain?
Thought that was the first time I saw one in a movie.
Not sure though...

It was a harley EVO sportser with a body kit to look like a XLCR cafe racer.

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 102
Hey guys i saw a tricked out vmax in the movie "The Ultimate Gift"

By FAR one of the best movies i have ever watched and i about shit my pants when i saw the max, it sounded terriffic. If you get a chance check the movie out its a life changer

Proof: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_127406-Yamaha-V-Max.html?PHPSESSID=ec205fe6a7bd06da4908ff1a2aa98835

406.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwXe5eKZr6M

jackie chan played with one in a fight scene in one of his shows.

The most notorious use of one was in nightmare on elm street - number five I think.

Sean Morley

I saw a movie once about a biker gang vs. biker cops and all the cops were riding Vmaxes... No idea what it was called, trying for years to remember/find it again

The Fast and the Furious. A VMAX was actually used as a platform to do the filming from. The camara was mounted on it's right side as I remember. Rent the DVD from the store and you can elect to view how the film was made. It is there that you can see the VMAX.
Dave #3505

There is an animated Vmax in the movie Barnyard. May be animated, but the inspiration is quite obvious.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:
There is no way that one of the animators does not either own one or dreams of owning one. It was the center of the frame and clear as day. No other bike in that scene was even remotely recognizeable. The artist new exactly what he was doin. Best part of the movie I think. My kids think thats weird.

interesting fairing on the front.. but def a max

Back