Warped Rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Anybody had problems with solid rotors warping :confused2:

I have had to replace two EBC solids from the front (then converted to R1 semi-floating discs) and an EBC solid on the rear - all warped.

This summer I have trashed the new Galfer solid on the rear. Warped again.

The calipers are in very good condition with new seals, buckets, fluids.

Can anybody suggest a suitable semi-floating replacement for the rear that will run with the standard caliper :ummm:

Anybody had problems with solid rotors warping :confused2:

I have had to replace two EBC solids from the front (then converted to R1 semi-floating discs) and an EBC solid on the rear - all warped.

This summer I have trashed the new Galfer solid on the rear. Warped again.

The calipers are in very good condition with new seals, buckets, fluids.

Can anybody suggest a suitable semi-floating replacement for the rear that will run with the standard caliper :ummm:

never saw this problem. mine wasn't warped but it had pretty deep groves when i replaced the rear on my '94 last fall. ebc pro lite (with HH pads) worked great for the few miles i rode it before i sold it.

i'd like to do the wave rotor in the back eventually..

Gleno, I have a suggestion for you. PM Jedi, he has made a bracket that goes between the rear caliper and stock bracket that allows you to put a stock front rotor (semi floating) - not very expensive either

I also warped my rear rotor and I am taking this route to upgrade the rotor.

Mike

I have a wave rotor on the back and have had no warping issues as yet. Been on there 2 years now and shows very little wear. The only thing I have noted is that if I am really riding aggresive through twisties and for some reason I begin use the back brake alot it will make noise after a while, but that goes away.

Of course the moral of the story is "Brakes are for pussies!!" or "Brakes? We don't need no stinking brakes!!!"

Check the source of the EBC's ..maybe they are using cheaper materials now..(made in China?)

Latest posts

Back