Well.......crap.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
I got Sean's muscle kit in the mail yesterday. Planned on installing it this weekend. Just fer the hell of it, I decided to check my wet float levels after work today. The first one I measured, the gas damn near came out of the tube with the markings on it. So, I guess it was a little rich. Going to measure the rest tommorow morning. Also, the fuel that came out had a lot of "particles" floating around in it. Now I'm thinking about tearing them completely apart, cleaning them thoroughly and THEN installing Sean's kit. Fun, fun. Oh, and I'm also going to check and adjust the valves. Good thing I have a week off soon.:bang head:

On the plus side, I can't wait to get this thing dialed in because now I KNOW that it hasn't run right since I got it. :clapping:

Those particles could be from your fuel tank. Would think the filter would catch most of it, but might want to check that also.

Check your fuel filter, see if it's dirty. Lots of those particles could be from the rubber pieces in the float bowls.

Mark, they were pretty big. I would think the filter would have for sure stopped them. Also, they were black like I assume the rubber pieces would be. BTW, awesome job on all your carb rebuild write ups. Will make the job doable for this rook.

Back