What a fine mess this is Ollie!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new old forks came from Pin Wall today...outside of the box was perfect so I thought, great...no damage, cool!!
Not true, there wasn't enough packing to keep the jostling from mashing one of the plastic caps in and around the top of one fork.
Well, no big deal, it's already cracked, and I got a couple more on Sallymax, so I bust a peice out to tap on and loosen it.
It comes out pretty easy, course it's on it's side on the work bench...much better leverage that way.
The wife is standing there talking with me so I'm kinda absently backing this cap out and didn't notice the air valve is coming with it!!
I understand it's only 12 - 14 psi but that fucking hydraulic fluid hit me in the chest like a fire hose!! I pushed it away from me and my wife, quick little shit that she is, bounced out of the way without getting so much as a drop on her.
When you depress the air valve there's a pssst, and the air is gone, but when it's on it's side pushing out hydraulic fluid it takes an eternity to empty.
All over me, the work bench, the new bike lift, all the wrenches, floor, garbage can..........all over the fuckin' place!!
BUT, none on either Sallymax or '99'.....and I had to change the fork oil anyway so, on the bright side....I'm already halfway done!! :rofl_200:

Sorry Danny, but that story gave me one hell of a good laugh! :rofl_200:
Now clean up that mess, stop screwing around and get that front end on the Sallymax.

Mike

Man this happened to me this morning but she wasnt able to get out of the way and she was sprayed... ya here we are and I felt it .... I would guess also at 12-14 psi and it let loose.... Ohh wait a minute we are talking about 2 different things here..

Anyways I am glad to hear no hydro fluid in your womens eyes or yours Danny.. Safety Safety !!!

Yeah, wtf Danny, Glad you and the misses are not hurt from the science project on compressed fluids. Same goes for you to Donn:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Still laughing here at work..wiping the coffee of my screen.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: What a sensitive bunch!!! Good thing I wasn't looking for sympathy!!

Ya know the best place to find sympathy?? In the dictionary...right between suicide and syphllis!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hmmm, the Beverly Hillbillies theme song is coming to mind. Sorry Dan-o!

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: What a sensitive bunch!!! Good thing I wasn't looking for sympathy!!

Ya know the best place to find sympathy?? In the dictionary...right between suicide and syphllis!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Ya want what??? :rofl_200: a Symphoty.. isnt that an ochestra or some kind of musical play crap like a broadway show?

Come on over to the lounge Danny I will buy you a Shirley Temple and we can go out for burritos afterwards

Ya want what??? :rofl_200: a Symphoty.. isnt that an ochestra or some kind of musical play crap like a broadway show?

Come on over to the lounge Danny I will buy you a Shirley Temple and we can go out for burritos afterwards

Sounds good Lankee, I'll just happen on over to the lounge, get one of Sally's Shirley's (I found out his secret...he puts a triple shot of Bushmills in them!!:biglaugh:).

from what i understand Dan seen the fork oil starting to explode all on its own...and being the type of guy that he is...ran across the room ,,jumped in front of his wife to save her from the powerful blast of toxic max fluid.....

from what i understand Dan seen the fork oil starting to explode all on its own...and being the type of guy that he is...ran across the room ,,jumped in front of his wife to save her from the powerful blast of toxic max fluid.....
Yup, sounds about right, danny's a stand up guy for sure!
That is, of course, unless he's slippin' and slidin' and fallin' on his keyster from that oil spill! :biglaugh:
Hope all is well bro!

I TOLD HEIDI THAT DANNY WAS PROBABLY GOING TO DO THAT ! SO SHE WAS READY TO DIVE OUT OF THE WAY !..:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back