What coatings?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question, but what can be done to what? I have no idea what the major parts you can see are made from, so I wondering about Powder coat and black chrome. Parts I'm wondering about include the "tank", fenders, and scoops. I was thinking of having the tank and fenders done in black chrome, but black powder would be way less money, and I think would look just about as good. I was thinking about doing the scoops in half chrome half black.

I know, I could take a VOM to my bike, but what fun is that?

Morley just finished my scoops in chrome with black powder coat lower half and they look great!! Easy to clean too. If you spend the money you will be happy. Problem is now I want the side covers done the same. Bling is good. Call Sean

This may seem like a dumb question, but what can be done to what? I have no idea what the major parts you can see are made from, so I wondering about Powder coat and black chrome. Parts I'm wondering about include the "tank", fenders, and scoops. I was thinking of having the tank and fenders done in black chrome, but black powder would be way less money, and I think would look just about as good. I was thinking about doing the scoops in half chrome half black.

I know, I could take a VOM to my bike, but what fun is that?
tank/scoops can be chromed/powder
fenders paint only, but they sell 'chrome' paint

You can't powder coat the fenders or anything fiberglass, I had no problems on most of the parts but had issues on the triple tree

really? what was the issue? My triples came out great powdercoated.

Don't tell anyone, but my scoops are black chrome and look pretty damn good if I say so myself.
I know I said I wanted to de-chrome my bike but I thought this might be a good compromise and less work too considering all the polishing to keep the stock scoops looking great.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    121.7 KB
Black chrome is a nice look but does not wear well and even routine waxing abd buffing give it a "haze" of fine scratches. Chrome holds up much better. I prefer chrome but am partial to powdercoating because I do it myself and love the wear resistance, ease of prep and application and the cost blows everything away!

I'm with PATMAX, I do my own PCing and have had excellent results. Way more choices with PCing and redoing a part is quick & cheap! :)

My trees are powder coated metalic grey and pc cleared over. No issues.
To bad a low temp powder isn't available for fiberglass. Black Chrome is a difficult powder for me. And I'd want clear over it to protect it. Mirror black is a good option.
Steve-o

Mirror black will be real close to black chrome if done really well, but the reflection will just look deeper...IMHO

Back