What do you do......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
With your extra parts when you upgrade and your parts are still good.

I ve been putting mine on the shelf. But started thinking I might sell them. Might pay for a mod or two....
Todd.

I guess it depends on how much room and money you have, unfortunately I have little of both. So I sell or give it away to fellow Vmaxers in need.

Most guys say that if you have the room and financial ability that it is best to hold on to OEM parts in the case you want to sell the bike in the future. That way, you can put it back to stock and sell the upgrades and make a better profit.

I cant argue with that but the way i see it, i can sell my OEM parts for cash now and do what i want with the money. Most times, the sale of a OEM part is helping to pay for a mod. A lot of stuff gets sold pretty cheap to forum members, some of the bigger items that can fetch a good buck have been sold here, some on ebay, some on ebay UK.

I'm with Mike. In fact there is a "Forum Supporter" section where we put up parts we thought others might be able to use. I have been both the recipient and provider of parts. And not junk either! This is geared more toward forum supporters helping out other supporters more so than trying to make a buck. Don't get me wrong, everyone should sell what they need to sell and should not feel compelled to give stuff away. Many of us have parts that we will never put back on our bikes. Sometimes it's small and sometimes there bigger. Mike sent me the clutch steels so I could make my own clutch holding tool. I think he even paid the shipping! Now he's got a Vmax brother that will do a backflip to help him out should he ever need anything. Sorta a version of your Karma deal.
PATMAX

It's kind of a toss up. Usually stock parts that are commonly changed (blinkers, mirrors, exhaust) aren't worth a whole lot to re-sell....there's tons of sellers and not many buyers so prices are low. The OEM accessories like the sissy bar or luggage rack tend to fetch good money though since they're no longer in production from Yamaha. And keeping the stock parts will allow you to remove the mod parts if/when you resell it. Mod parts on a bike add virtually nothing to the value, as said it's more profitable to put the bike as back to stock as reasonably possible and sell the mod parts separately.

Typically with these leftover stock parts you can get rid of them via this forum to other members restoring/repairing a stock bike and just want good original parts.

I have a garage full of parts. I should sell some to pay for my dental work...I'm a Hoarder when it comes to spare parts. I worry about a bike being down. Got 4 so that's not much of a concern.:rofl_200:

Dave, I'm gonna come raiding your place instead of Kyle's. Plus you got other cool "toys" I wish I could afford! I've often joked with guys here that we should just change garages cause I wanted their stuff and they wanted mine! I suppose there are more "Sick" Vmax wierdos here than I thought. Sounds like we add FireMedic to the group! LOL

Right now I have been keeping them. If I need to sell, I will be able to bring it back to stock.

I plan on keeping most of my stock parts. Not worth the hassle to sell them really.

The only thing I really have that is desirable that someone may want is the factory back rest, and its nice ( well its now black powdercoated and looks new ). I am pulling it off and putting a short grab bar on and them fabbing up a quick connect sissy seat for it for my wife.

Other then that, most of my parts are stock pull offs. Though I have been buying more parts lately and figure its easier to clean modify and refinish without having to take it off the bike first. Doing it that way ends you up with doubles of everything lol.

Maybe I ll scratch build a bike then.....

Todd

Latest posts

Back