what tells the fuel pump to stop pressurizing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otpracer

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that my fuel pump kept pumping. Sometimes it does sometimes it does'nt pump for awhile. What tells it the system is pressurized? the float and needle only? I'm chasing an intermitent bad running scenario and I'm trying to narrow it down. The v-boost controller was part of it. Then the fuel pump kept running,another part of it. I can't wait till I can just ride it and not wrench it.lol It was running like crap,took the air box off and noticed the front left carb had fuel sitting on top of the butterfly,and fuel was still coming in. Figured the float was stuck,took it all apart and found nothing out of the ordinary. I put it back together and now it does'nt do it. Any thoughts? Thanks.:bang head:

it runs for about 5 seconds when the key is first turned on (with it in the run position). It is pressure sensitive (so if all the floats are up and needles closed) so when the pump gets enough pressure it shuts off. When the engine starts running it turns the pump back on (which again goes back to the pressure part of the system.

It sounds like you had a stuck float with some crap in it and just taking it off and back on flushed the junk out that was hanging you up.

Sean

Latest posts

Back