what the heck!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Well we finally got an order in ,of some black carbon fiber Dinoc by 3M. I will try to head to our distributors first class in October. My brother in-law and I were messing around trying it out. It is simply amazing stuff. We did the entire bucket in one piece "no seams". The same with the headlight ring. I had extras sitting in the garage, so we thought what the heck lets give this stuff a try:punk:
headlamp2.jpg

Gannon

That looks great. Possibly any square in the future? I realize you are just getting into this but the possibilities seem endless.:biglaugh:

how does it hold up? i had my bucket painted b/c when i had painted it myself my cables wore away the paint. the professional job is now doing the same thing. i'd love to do this to mine if it holds up.

how does it hold up? i had my bucket painted b/c when i had painted it myself my cables wore away the paint. the professional job is now doing the same thing. i'd love to do this to mine if it holds up.
This black color is rated for direct sunlight, we have read that they are giving a 4yr for exterior and 12 yr for interior , warrantee's. This is not confirmed as of yet. They have over 600 patterns of Dinoc and has been used in the overseas market for atleast 4 years. To give you an idea of how durable this stuff is. 3M has a customer that goes around and recovers doors at hospitals because of damage from the gurneys. It seams to hold up better than regular wood. I wish that you guys could see all the samples of wood grains and all the misc. It is incredible

Gannon

I'm agree Garrett, seems like a viable alternative to painting my headlight bucket, esp if it lasts 4 years outdoors. What do the specs say about holding up on something hot like the clutch/ gear covers?

This black color is rated for direct sunlight, we have read that they are giving a 4yr for exterior and 12 yr for interior , warrantee's. This is not confirmed as of yet. They have over 600 patterns of Dinoc and has been used in the overseas market for atleast 4 years. To give you an idea of how durable this stuff is. 3M has a customer that goes around and recovers doors at hospitals because of damage from the gurneys. It seams to hold up better than regular wood. I wish that you guys could see all the samples of wood grains and all the misc. It is incredible

Gannon

i suck at putting that kind of stuff on. How much would you charge to do it if I sent you my bucket?

I'm agree Garrett, seems like a viable alternative to painting my headlight bucket, esp if it lasts 4 years outdoors. What do the specs say about holding up on something hot like the clutch/ gear covers?

As that stuff looks wicked I went to the 3M website to check out its specs. I would not think that it would hold up too well on clutch/gear covers as they say to heat it to 200 degrees F to loosen the glue to remove it. I would not want to test the durability of the glue by putting it on hot surfaces like the engine covers.

As that stuff looks wicked I went to the 3M website to check out its specs. I would not think that it would hold up too well on clutch/gear covers as they say to heat it to 200 degrees F to loosen the glue to remove it. I would not want to test the durability of the glue by putting it on hot surfaces like the engine covers.

As noted is looks cool but with reference to temperature, headlight bucket could be hot too.

Well we finally got an order in ,of some black carbon fiber Dinoc by 3M. I will try to head to our distributors first class in October. My brother in-law and I were messing around trying it out. It is simply amazing stuff. We did the entire bucket in one piece "no seams". The same with the headlight ring. I had extras sitting in the garage, so we thought what the heck lets give this stuff a try:punk:
headlamp2.jpg

Gannon
Boy, does that ever look good! I gotta' get me some of that! Have you found a source that you like?

Latest posts

Back