Where is your state rate on the 'rude driver' scale?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is bullshit. Texas should be RED RED RED. Our drivers are the most rude and the biggest rude. Everything's bigger in Texas...especially rude.

The Cape is a huge tourist mecca in Spring and summer. Though our property taxes are low because of the hotel and restaurants, the price we pay is having them on our roads. Ma. drivers (cage or bike) suck,but are predictable. Rhode Island rude as they come and most likely to flip you off after they cut you off. But, I see NY plates, I stay clear. They have a habit of not letting you pass and blocking you from passing them,they have no use for mirrors. New Yorkers never seem to flip you off though. Maybe it's a dangerous thing to do in their home state? New Hampshire cagers move out of the way for motorcycles, which was surprising at first. It's the most friendly driver state by far, for me. A great place to ride.

They are pretty rude here in this part of Florida. Texas & I am sure a few other states it depends on which part of the state your in. Houston Sucks but if you get out in the country anywhere in Texas people are generally friendly.

When Shala & I rode from Daytona to the Keys, people in cages were constantly trying to kill us. I'd honk. They'd look....then continue trying to kill us...more so when they figured out we were 'mere bikers'. I've never seen anything like it. One more reason I can't be trusted to carry a weapon, because I'D USE IT.

See...here in Texas people shoot at each other in cars all the time on the expressways.

Third rudest is New York, home of the Bronx cheer. New Yorker Jordan Perch acknowledged that the state's drivers are “known for their lack of respect to other drivers. It’s not often that you see a driver in New York raise their hand [politely] or make some other gesture saying thank you to another driver for letting them through." He added that "pretty much no driver in New York bothers to indicate before turning.”

This isn't actually true in Western New York (or most of the state from what I've experienced) the drivers here for the most part are pretty decent.
NYC definitely skews New York States results in that poll.

Seems about right for Maine, having some relatively mellow drivers compared to other states I have driven in. (Maine just has some severe idiots behind the wheel, but they can be pretty polite idiots.) I definitely believe it about Vermont, Massachusettes and New York having some of the rudest drivers, having driven in those states recently.

Third rudest is New York, home of the Bronx cheer. New Yorker Jordan Perch acknowledged that the state's drivers are “known for their lack of respect to other drivers. It’s not often that you see a driver in New York raise their hand [politely] or make some other gesture saying thank you to another driver for letting them through." He added that "pretty much no driver in New York bothers to indicate before turning.”

This isn't actually true in Western New York (or most of the state from what I've experienced) the drivers here for the most part are pretty decent.
NYC definitely skews New York States results in that poll.

Absolutely correct there Dennis....I'd extend that rude zone north to include Albany too.....very rude, very aggressive, lots of road rage....makes one think he's in Joisey or the Apple!

I agree!! New Yorkers are the worst! Not as much over here in western NY but the city definitely ruins the statewide rating. Johnblaid. ...I've always complimented on how nice Texans are. Every damn motorists and pedestrian waved to me like I was their best friend up by the Fort Worth area. Quite a difference compared to here. Then again I'm sure down by the Mexican border it's a whole different story......lol

Latest posts

Back