Who got that eBay COO 17" Rear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not guilty and thank you for not posting it prior to the bid ending. Saved me some $ . :rofl_200:

So it was you! I hear you on the posting prior to ending, just drives up the price for someone who is mostly likely on the board here... haha

Heckuva deal! We can talk kick-backs/royalties via PM...

I was watching it also and had the same concerns about the 6" width. Was a great deal but I would have had the owner remove the tire before shipping and get a smaller tire that would fit the stock swing-arm.

Wow, that was a smoking deal....though a 200 tire would only fit in a notched swingarm, right? Wouldn't work for a stocker?

I was watching it also and had the same concerns about the 6" width. Was a great deal but I would have had the owner remove the tire before shipping and get a smaller tire that would fit the stock swing-arm.

True story, I was definitely out in the garage feverishly taking measurements! I have about 1.25" to spare total on both sides of my 170 rear and the 200 would have been about 1.1" bigger, so it may have worked... but I figured I would let it slide.

Ra, it would only fit a notched swingarm, which I have. But, the thing I couldn't tell was whether both sides would need to be notched, or just the shaft side...

No can do... These things have to be properly done... The tires/wheel are the first link to the road and if that one fails you can figure it out...

I have a 6" rim (Boxenstopp) it was on a stock swing arm and fit just fine, but the widest tire i could put was a 190

I contacted the seller. He said the wheel would NOT fit in the notched but otherwise stock swingarm he was selling. This ment I would have to win BOTH the rear wheel and the chromed/braced swing arm he was sell for it. I would have done that, except it would not work with the stock exhaust so That would be another $1,000. You don't know how much I wished I could get that- the the total costs would have been way too much
Craig

Ideally the 5.5" is the widest you can go and not kill the offset. Even then it's not ideal and our extended swingarm with offset is all that can fix it. adding the extra 1/2" only pushes the tire farther over to the right and is why COO shows that you need a double notched arm. If you have to notch that side then you are way right.

Sean

I contacted the seller. He said the wheel would NOT fit in the notched but otherwise stock swingarm he was selling. This ment I would have to win BOTH the rear wheel and the chromed/braced swing arm he was sell for it. I would have done that, except it would not work with the stock exhaust so That would be another $1,000. You don't know how much I wished I could get that- the the total costs would have been way too much
Craig

I can make you a 17x5.5" if you wish...

Back