Won't crank over

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossN

Reaction score
I went out and tried to start my bike today. I turned the key, lights turned on nice and bright, but it didn't make the usual initializing start up noises. When I turn the key to crank it up, nothing happens. I am guessing that a wire isn't making good contact anymore or some other electrical part has failed. Has anybody experienced this problem?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum, you'll get all the info you'll ever need here. Ok, first check the obvious, battery, connections, oh yea, check the kill switch and anything else that you usually do at start up. How long has it been since the last start? But it sounds like it could be one of the switches. Kill, sidestand, starter relay. there's more as I'm sure you know but I'd check the easy to get to ones first. Im sure others will be chiming in with suggestions too. Good luck and keep us posted. Ed

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I am not near my bike now, but it wouldn't surprise me if the kill switch accidentally got flipped. Sorry for being such a newbie, but I have only owned my bike for 10 years!!!

we've all made stupid mistakes, its much easier to troubleshoot the easy ones!

Latest posts

Back