Still Running Rough when Cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sub 50 degrees and I need choke to start, almost always above that and she starts instantly with just a maybe a 60 second warm up until it accepts some throttle input. Now having made that sweeping statement, my choke is disconnected from the the left bank and only operates on the right side. Works perfectly on my stage 7 set up. AND, before you start, NO, the bike doesn't run rich. All four plugs show a nice even light tan colour after a steady run of mixed/enthusiastic riding. A little different to some of your Maxes, it's over bored and stroked to close to 150rwhp but it runs sweetly with no signs of temperamental issues and has been totally reliable after a few teething troubles with my carburation balance. Worth a try popping off the little clip that holds the choke rod to the left bank ? dunno but it sure works on my bike.

Chris.

My bike is having the same issue, I can barely get it to start. This all started out of the blue. Road it to work, fired it up after work and she went about a mile and then died. No fuel so I replaced the fuel pump and relay and not plenty of fuel but she will barely run when it does fire which takes a lot of coaxing and then the same as the original post she dies with even a mention of giving her some gas. I don't know how I will do the Shotgun or Peashooter if I can't get her to run. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeff

Back