Supercharged

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the idea, I understand the concept, but it's gonna take more-than a crappy-resolution shorty video to "change my life!":biglaugh:

What, no power wheelies? No weaving into the oncoming lanes of traffic in Moscow? I dunno, I guess I'll stay in my boring existence for the time-being, and await a more-moving 'life-changing' event. I couldn't even read the needles, fer chrissake!:rofl_200:

There are plenty of videos where you see the bike, see the surroundings, and are able to read the tach and speedo as the surrounding traffic seems to move backwards. Those are good videos, this one deserves to be erased for another attempt, about all I heard was the drivebelt whine. What was going on in the surrounding roadway, I'll never know. There must be a better one for a supercharged Gen I out there. Somebody post it please! :clapping:

I do appreciate the thought of posting a performance build, running in-anger, but I like more detail.

I couldn't see the speedo or Tach clearly anyhow but damn that sounds fine. I've only mine to compare this too and I'll bet he'd have to look Wayyyy behind to see me!!

If I want to hear gut-deep supercharger whine, I'll watch early Mel Gibson in the Australian scenery, chasing Nightrider across the countryside, and then chasing Bubba Zanetti.

Yeah, it does sound cool, but I would never post something so poorly-done, where's his pride in a quality product?

Sometimes something poorly done is better than nothing at all.. I'd be great to see a clearer video though..

If I want to hear gut-deep supercharger whine, I'll watch early Mel Gibson in the Australian scenery, chasing Nightrider across the countryside, and then chasing Bubba Zanetti.

Too bad the super charger in Mel's car was fake in that first movie. Even at 17 I knew you can't "turn on" or "turn off" a roots style positive displacement blower at the flick of switch.
For one there is no electric clutch that would handle it, at least back then, and more importantly they're positive displacement.
If the blowers not spinning no airs getting thru it and the engine wouldn't run at all.

It was a fairly popular mod at one time back in those days to gut a roots style blower and stick a carb inside. But even they they had the real deal drive system that turned at all times.

Cool movie though, I just rewatched it a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey Rusty, you got a video?? You pump out some ponies on that gorgeous ride I'll bet!!

The only video I have is the burnout one I posted a while back. No idea what ponies I have. Never Dynoed. Been away from home so much I doubt I even have 500 miles on the new engine.

Hope things smooth out for you man!!
Thanks again for all your advice!

I think its a fantastic video ,I tip my hat to the rider for giving us a taste of what its like to ride a blown Vmax . it looks like lots of fun. this video is also the ring tone for my phone , when its sounding off , it commands attention from everyone near lol . its a great video if you don't like the video .........make your own ,and do better instead of picking at it .

Rusty that movie was in the future so maybe some strang way he got it to work with a switch. you know some kind of future mcygver shit. Hell if tina was still alive and looking that good anything could be possible. It is the movie's you know. :biglaugh:

Here's a link to a video that may be one of the sweetest sounds I've heard..
Supercharged Gen1..

http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1
:punk:

I learned how to operate a fire truck/pumper by driving a 1959 Seagrave open-cab. It had drum brakes that were good fro one hard stop from 60 mph, and then you had to let 'em cool-down before using them hard again. Not really what you want for a fire-truck! It also had a non-synchro gearbox, four speeds, and you needed them all. Tops was about 65 mph.

It had a 1000 GPM centrifugal pump. It also had "The Light from Mars," a rotating side-to-side red emergency light like a hood ornament. Below that was a mechanical siren, it looked-like a squirrel cage inside a big chrome bezel, and it wound-up, and it wound-down. So, the pitch began low, and as the pitch increased, so-did the volume, and vice versa, you had to manually allow it to cycle, it wasn't automatic like the Federal audible warning devices of today, the ones w/all the different patterns.

If you ignored the pitch of the siren (admittedly hard to do, as that was its purpose to get your attention, "here-comes the fire truck!") the sound of the cage spooling up and back-down was just like the noise that supercharger makes. Ah, memories...

FYI, an interesting factoid, the Seagraves Fire Equipment Company, now a WI company, bought the rights to their straight-eight engine design from an automobile company formerly-based in western NY, Buffalo. Anyone know who that might be, without Googling it? C'mon you guys in Elma and Fairport, Buffalo and Tonawanda! Who'sThe Gearhead?:ummm:

I learned how to operate a fire truck/pumper by driving a 1959 Seagrave open-cab. It had drum brakes that were good fro one hard stop from 60 mph, and then you had to let 'em cool-down before using them hard again. Not really what you want for a fire-truck! It also had a non-synchro gearbox, four speeds, and you needed them all. Tops was about 65 mph.

It had a 1000 GPM centrifugal pump. It also had "The Light from Mars," a rotating side-to-side red emergency light like a hood ornament. Below that was a mechanical siren, it looked-like a squirrel cage inside a big chrome bezel, and it wound-up, and it wound-down. So, the pitch began low, and as the pitch increased, so-did the volume, and vice versa, you had to manually allow it to cycle, it wasn't automatic like the Federal audible warning devices of today, the ones w/all the different patterns.

If you ignored the pitch of the siren (admittedly hard to do, as that was its purpose to get your attention, "here-comes the fire truck!") the sound of the cage spooling up and back-down was just like the noise that supercharger makes. Ah, memories...

FYI, an interesting factoid, the Seagraves Fire Equipment Company, now a WI company, bought the rights to their straight-eight engine design from an automobile company formerly-based in western NY, Buffalo. Anyone know who that might be, without Googling it? C'mon you guys in Elma and Fairport, Buffalo and Tonawanda! Who'sThe Gearhead?:ummm:

Your posts are always awesome!

Back