DOHC V-12 engine 4V/cyl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
It's 72cc!

It revs to 7400 rpm in the video, seems like the right cyl bank has two pistons/cylinders not doing their duty, according to the heat signature. I wonder what the left bank's heat signature looks like? Get all the cylinders displaying comparable heat signatures, and I bet the engine will run significantly-better, and higher rpm. Perhaps coil packs for those cylinders not working?

The sound it makes when idling is pretty-impressive, despite the two right bank cylinders' lack of heat output. It reminds me of the Honda V12 of the F1 3 liter era, 1967, which I saw race at Watkins Glen. The loudest car on the track. Like the Lotus-Fords with their reverse-flow heads, which put the exhausts into the center of the engine V, so it produced the 'bundle of snakes,' one of the best-appearing engines of all time. Of course, the V12 has it all-over the Lotus-Fords with a similar design because of 50% more exhausts/cylinders!

Some good exhaust notes beginning at 1:00.

Attachments

• 1702229962787.png
    1702229962787.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back