Engine Guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Where did you buy 'em? Any local vendors to support? If so I'd like to. All the talk of forward controls and not having 'em is killing me, so I guess I'll use the case guards for now.

Where did you buy 'em? Any local vendors to support? If so I'd like to. All the talk of forward controls and not having 'em is killing me, so I guess I'll use the case guards for now.

Cycle one off has some... Dale Walker (www.holeshot.com) has some... Yamaha has some...

I'm sure exactrep has some too. Check out the VMF links for some vendors. A lot of them make 'em.:thumbs up:

I picked up the yamaha case savers from the dealer for around $120 installed free when I was getting new tires installed. The owner of the shop came out and recounted his vmax ownership history while I was checking out the work. Not the cheapest but they have always done me right, and a few friends that have bought ATV's, snowmobiles and bikes there.

See that on a regular basis. Won't have any significant impact to the handling or safety in our experiences.

Sean

The Prick must have stopped or panicked as I was changing lanes and either stopped or as he was changing lanes after he realized he hit me. Doing about 110 kms/hr...I can only imagine what his bumper or door/wheel well looks like. The Prick.

Attachments

• 20131011_102625.jpg
    20131011_102625.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 92
You can straighten that guard up and it will work fine the next time it's needed. I may have a new one on hand and can work a partial trade in for the damaged one. I also have a few sets of our modified guards that have flip up pegs added to the end.

You can straighten that guard up and it will work fine the next time it's needed. I may have a new one on hand and can work a partial trade in for the damaged one. I also have a few sets of our modified guards that have flip up pegs added to the end.

1. Sean-
  2. I was thinking of hammering it back to shape or heating it if a hammer blow wont do. Im guessing itll kick the chrome to hell. Can I have the Chrome sandblasted than Powdercoated? And partially painted red?

Karma, I bought my Vmax back in 2001 after my brother laid it down.
The left engine guard looked just like yours, I just took a 2 lb. Hammer to it, the chrome does chip off.
So I just sanded and painted them black to match the frame. (see attached picture)
The paint does get chipped by stone every few years, I just re-sand and re-paint as needed.

Attachments

• Vmax_Right_side.jpg
    Vmax_Right_side.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 46
Karma, I bought my Vmax back in 2001 after my brother laid it down.
The left engine guard looked just like yours, I just took a 2 lb. Hammer to it, the chrome does chip off.
So I just sanded and painted them black to match the frame. (see attached picture)
The paint does get chipped by stone every few years, I just re-sand and re-paint as needed.
Is that a ZL1 back there ?

Yes, it will clean and blast no problem. it will also bend back with no problem.

Back