replace stock mufflers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1

Reaction score
Wanting to replace the rashed stockers, do not like the stock look and hate alot of noise. Really like the looks of the kerker slipons but how quiet can these be tuned? Any suggestions? Not looking for performance gains just need to replace banged up o.e.m's.

Thanks, Tom

My recommendation would be to look into a set of Supertrapp slip-ons. You can tune the noise, they are close to stock performance wise, and look nice on the bike. Most aftermarket exhausts are a "sport bike" style can(s) with very little tuning capability for noise. Not sure about the Kerker's, but know that Jardine/Holeshot are not.

I have the Kerker slip-ons and there are two baffles available and they are easily swapped. Also, you can repack them more heavily according to my correspondence with Kerker. They have a pretty good sound and are not as loud as the 4 into 2 jet-coated Holeshot or 4 into 1 Kerker systems. They are louder than the Jardine slip-ons. Haven't heard the Supertrapps but they are the only ones that are tunable as far as I know. I do have a set of black Supertrapps but have never put them on as I preferred the chrome systems. Have attached a pic of the Kerkers. It is a little blurry though. I like the way the Kerkers come straight back instead of kick up. Easy to add some saddlebags without worrying if they will touch. Also can add larger bags and they don't have to be the angled style to clear the mufflers.

Attachments

• 2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 36
Back