Backpressure vs enrichening carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct. Think of these carbs as most similar to the "predator" carbs. The CV design will want to give it more fuel but the airbox only will flow a set amount of air.

Sean

You won't need to do any carb alteration if decide on the Mark's....other than a 1mm needle shim and back out the A/F's to 3 1/4 turns.

Thanks for the info. That is what I like about this forum. Somebody, Somehwre has the answer that your looking for.

Eric

I just used the Radio Shack ones and filed off the stamping burr....but someone posted they don't sell those little bags of washers anymore....too bad they were only around a buck!! :confused2:

ya and no radio shack here its source and they dont carry them.... i had a few from garrett and think they are on v2 but might take them off if i havent already.....ya back into those carbs or look in my parts bin when i get home......guess v1 will only see its true potential next season......

if im picturing this right its washer,e-clip, then the new 1mm washer(shim) then the plastic thingy.....and want to make sure you get the plastic sitting correctly when you reinstall it, it has a little nib or tit on it that makes it sit down correctly. you will see when you take it apart if you havent already

It should go in between the "e" clip and the nylon washer with the nipple.

Ok....thanks everyone. Having someone explain this makes things so much simpler.

this forum is great for all the help you can get.......lots of knowledge here

I would use caution prior to adding the washer. That will richen the mixture up and may be opposite of what you actually need to do. Experimentation will be your best bet.

Back