what the fuck help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted on Facebook, but have you tried it with the airbox on but without the lid? They run really weird, if at all, without the airbox. I say really rich since it won't take throttle, but I'm not so great at these problems. I'll be interested to see what the solution is.

I would say try it with the airbox back on.....and reshoot the video. Unless you have air correctors in the carbs.....they really dont run well without the airbox. Without the airbox, you get TOO much air into the carbs.

I would say try it with the airbox back on.....and reshoot the video. Unless you have air correctors in the carbs.....they really dont run well without the airbox. Without the airbox, you get TOO much air into the carbs.
yes I has it off cause I tried the pea shoot method to clear up a stumble or sputter I had under crusing condtions but that didn't help it so sean said it might be a plugged pilot jet

Posted on your youtube video.
It is your pilot jets in the jetblocks under your carb bowls. Pea shooter was not enough because they are completely clogged.

If you have left gas in there that has ethanol in it, the peashooter or shotgun may not do it either. I had to disassemble a carb where the jet was hardened solid! It was hard enough that it had to be drilled out. I ended up buying a new jet but ethanol totally fucks up your jet if it sits there too long.

Check gas filter and little vent hole on top of gas tank make sure it's not clog.
Check all boots for leaks.

Bike running at idle you can trying running a little wd-40 through each vent carb tube 1 at a time on till it idle ruff give it a little gas and go to the next carb and do the same. It may loosen some dirt and free up stick floats... it works for me.

But may have to pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning.

Last edited:
Back