1 more for the collection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I drug home this 97 today. It lost fire & already had a 2nd gear problem. the guy tried to figure out why it was not firing but it was above him. I think I am gonna bring it in & see why its not firing & then rip it apart & turn it into a parts bike. Has a nice Kerker & the tires are in good shape & has a partial stage 7 in it. Neat looking Faux cover its not perfect but I think it would polish up nice. Also has progressive springs it . I am either gonna put new seals in the front & put it on my 89 or sell it chances are just sell it since I already have progreesive springs in mine & Busa brake calipers waiting. The last picture is just a random picture of my garage & a couple bikes are still in my driveway.

Attachments

• 97 parts max 001.jpg
    97 parts max 001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 97 parts max 002.jpg
    97 parts max 002.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 97 parts max 003.jpg
    97 parts max 003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 97 parts max 004.jpg
    97 parts max 004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 97 parts max 005.jpg
    97 parts max 005.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 97 parts max 007.jpg
    97 parts max 007.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 97 parts max 008.jpg
    97 parts max 008.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 87
Geez, Kyle, can ya cram any more in there? Nice find by the looks of it.

My wife and I stopped in from our shopping trip. Kyle wanted me to see the Skull Cover. Too bad it doesn't match any of my colors. It's really nice... We had a side bet on how many VMax's Kyle had there.. I thought 7, Wife guessed right, 6. Guess I see double some times.:rofl_200:Kyle's got so many parts now, it's unreal. Good thing I left my cash at home. Kyle's got some kinda magic workin for him. He finds these VMax's seconds after they're listed...:confused2:

If you decide to sell of parts, I'd be interestd in front calipers and rotors. Would they fit 1988 Max?

Kyle should be able to fix you right up......Soon as he sees your question, he'll be getting back to you.......

If you decide to sell of parts, I'd be interestd in front calipers and rotors. Would they fit 1988 Max?

You should consider installing the 1993+ triple trees & downtubes/sliders, 3mm larger than your '88, plus you don't need any adapters to fit 4 pot calipers w/their 100 mm bolt spacing. You do need to install the 298 mm brake rotors from the same era 1993+. You can use your existing wheel, headlight, brake splitter/hoses, (not sure about the fork brace/frame mount, but I suspect you may be able to re-use your '85-'92 version, you could check parts #'s to see if your '88 is the same as the '93+) but Kyle can fix you up w/a set of braided brake lines for probably < $80. You will notice a big difference in handling & braking w/that upgrade, well-worth the $! It is all bolt-on, be sure & install a new set of steering head bearings when you do it, and grind some "eyebrows" into the inside of the steering head to make the next replacement of your head bearings outer races that much easier. If you do a search function, there are multiple posts about it, a Dremel will do it just fine. I think I saw 'ninjaneer' posted about having done it recently.

Kyle's got lotsa parts and other members do too.

The rotors any calipers are diffrent on the 97. You can use the rotors & get some adapters to use Busa calipers or I do have some rotors & calipers for an 88 model. Or like Firemedic said you could change out the whole front end & go to the bigger forks.

Back