10,000 CA Nat'l Guardsmen ordered to pay back $15K+ enlistment bonus

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder who was signing the cheques to begin with when they gave the bonuses...or ok the budget for the recruitment centers.

Typical Corruption. Only way to keep the enlistments up for Dangerous jobs, then Totally Screw those who Voluntarily Served. Sounds about Right for we Vets.

Surprised one of the candidates hasn't used this to their advantage or stratogy for the campaign.

Maybe there's a little hope for the Guardsmen.....I don't see how any one in their right mind could even think of this....let alone verbalize it! Altho this is the time when potus suggested veterans buy their own health insurance and couldn't understand why they were so pissed off at the idea....."No one asked them to go to war..." What an idiot! :jerk it:

"It’s not clear whether or not the Department of Defense will follow through on forcing the soldiers to repay their bonuses. U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) called on Defense Secretary Ash Carter to outline steps to correct the mistakes without penalizing veterans, and he also called on legislators negotiating the National Defense Authorization Act to insert language that specifically prohibits forcing soldiers to repay enlistment bonuses."

That just is wrong! What has happened to the treatment of the men & woman that keep us safe?
Another GOOD reason to never consider voting for Clinton! She couldn't care less about our servicemen & woman. Active or former. No to clinton!

It's a totally fubar'd situation. Once they found the fuck up then rules dictate they try to get the vets to pay it back. Which is why it's gone to Congress in hopes for it to absolve these vets of this. And as of now it's looking hopeful that's what's going to happen:

Pentagon Halts Effort To Take Back Signing Bonuses Paid To National Guard Members
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/26/499443646/pentagon-suspends-effort-to-take-back-bonus-money-paid-to-national-guard-members

I wouldn't be quick to throw politics in this -- from what I've read this was primarily a fuck up on the Army's part. It looks like one NCO is already serving time:

The program's onetime leader, former Master Sgt. Toni Jaffe, was later sentenced to 30 months in prison, after pleading guilty to making $15 million in false claims.

Hard for me to believe only one NCO is guilty of this and no officers were aware of it since from my experience when it comes to cutting checks -- it's normally an officer signing the approvals.

Latest posts

Back