110/80/18

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCVmax

Reaction score
Okay, so I am waiting for my 18" rear wheel....so changing the front tire to a radial to match the back. But only radial is a 110/80-18. So now there is a big gap between the fender and the tire. Does anyone make an extension to lower the fender???

Delrin front fender lowering spacers for 17 and 18 inch wheels, custom made to your specs by Herb (352)238-4499 ~or~ [email protected]

various colors $25.00 per set, plus free shipping for vmoa members

Thanks Guys! Love this forum. Because of all you I have spent way too much money on my Max! lol

What do you guys do to fill the gap between the fork brace and the fender? I'm getting ready to lower my fender tomorrow but haven't quite figured out how to fill the gap yet, any ideas? It's gotta be pretty secure with all the wind, thinking some kind of softer material so it could be left oversized and sandwiched in between....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Most guys just put the spacers in and leave the gap. There are a few companies out there that make a special fork brace that lowers the fender so spacers are not needed. Check out Boxenstopp's catalog. They have a few.

I always thought a billet plate that matches the profile of the fork brace should be manufactured by someone and be offered in two thicknesses. One for 18" radial and one for 17"

Most guys just put the spacers in and leave the gap. There are a few companies out there that make a special fork brace that lowers the fender so spacers are not needed. Check out Boxenstopp's catalog. They have a few.

I always thought a billet plate that matches the profile of the fork brace should be manufactured by someone and be offered in two thicknesses. One for 18" radial and one for 17"

Yea I really couldn't come up with anything either but I'm just going to leave it as is for now... Maybe I'll have one of my machinists friends make a fork brace that solves the problem, might be slightly heavier than stock but it would look better and be stronger. I need a damn bridgeport, have all these great ideas and no way to do them myself! LOL

By the way, you can buy the plastic spacers you need to move the fender down at Lowes for $1.10 LOL

Okay, so I am waiting for my 18" rear wheel....so changing the front tire to a radial to match the back. But only radial is a 110/80-18. So now there is a big gap between the fender and the tire. Does anyone make an extension to lower the fender???

Be very careful the first time you ride it with a smaller front tire. The handling will be different. I did that one time while on a trip, because the next size smaller was the only thing in stock, and I couldn't wait. (I know, bad planning on my part.) The handling was very "twitchy" and made me very nervous on every turn. I couldn't wait to get that tire off the bike.

That is exactly what happens when upgrading to radial tires that are even smaller in both 17 & 18 inch , lowering the rear too will correct the problem a LITTLE but will still feel twitchy.:twocents:

Be very careful the first time you ride it with a smaller front tire. The handling will be different. I did that one time while on a trip, because the next size smaller was the only thing in stock, and I couldn't wait. (I know, bad planning on my part.) The handling was very "twitchy" and made me very nervous on every turn. I couldn't wait to get that tire off the bike.

Delrin front fender lowering spacers for 17 and 18 inch wheels, custom made to your specs by Herb (352)238-4499 ~or~ [email protected]

various colors $25.00 per set, plus free shipping for vmoa members

Does anybody have these spacers, or pics of spacers. Im getting ready to put 110/80/18 radial on & I think my fender gonna look funny

Look at my album. I have the 110/80-18 on mine without any spacers. I made some and painted them satin black so they wouldn't be noticeable. Problem is, I wasn't sure which looked worse, the gap between the fender/tire or the gap between fender/brace with the spacers. So I never installed them. :biglaugh: Doesn't look too bad to me but you be the judge.

Yeah that spacer is "Wack". If that was my option, I'd live with the gap or wait and get the taller tire. Spacers or this MEK contraption on not fixes to me, just band aids. I saw a fender on a stock Max that accounted for this gap and it was the only solution I had ever seen that I would consider running. Just bite the bullet and go full USD forks!

110/80/18 is the tallest radial I could find. Do you know of one that's taller that would fit the stock wheel?

Nope. The 120 is about 3/10" shorter. I know of no way to get a radial regardless of the wheel size that is close to the height of the stock tire/wheel. Sorry. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back