17" rear ran w/ 18" front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB06

Reaction score
i have my 17" rear wheel on the way:eusa_dance: , got it from Greg on eBay,trying to bypass all the trial and error stuff and get some recommendations for a good place to start buying a long life, possible sport touring tire.

and also how will the stock 18" front tire/wheel run well with the 17" rear :ummm:

i have my 17" rear wheel on the way:eusa_dance: , got it from Greg on eBay,trying to bypass all the trial and error stuff and get some recommendations for a good place to start buying a long life, possible sport touring tire.

and also how will the stock 18" front tire/wheel run well with the 17" rear :ummm:

I've been running a 17 rear 18 front for over a year with no problems. The only issue is the front rim is very skinny so the choice of tires is pretty limited.

Didn't Andy have one of the Ebay wheels and sell it because of the offset???

Here is the thread with pictures:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1165

FWIW: C.O.O has been having to make double notched swingarms lately because of people buying these Ebay wheels and the offset to the right when running larger tires. They could have addressed this issue with the latest batch of Ebay wheels, but, I don't know.

Actually there is an offset of almost 3/8 of an inch from (front to back centers) on factory Vmax stockers as per my conversation with John Furbur a few weeks ago.

Here is the original C.O.O wheel design that uses FZR donors NOT GSXR and is on center with stock specs.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html

Not trying to be a party pooper, just making sure you are aware of things. I myself considered buying one of those Ebay wheels just to check it out a few months ago.

Please keep us posted on the results WITH PICTURES :biglaugh:

:cheers:

Neil

well lets hope that isnt the case, that bad of an offset will not be good, i just sent the question off to Greg to see if this issue has been addressed, it would really suck to have to wheelie everywhere.......

Didn't Andy have one of the Ebay wheels and sell it because of the offset???

Here is the thread with pictures:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1165

FWIW: C.O.O has been having to make double notched swingarms lately because of people buying these Ebay wheels and the offset to the right when running larger tires. They could have addressed this issue with the latest batch of Ebay wheels, but, I don't know.

Actually there is an offset of almost 3/8 of an inch from (front to back centers) on factory Vmax stockers as per my conversation with John Furbur a few weeks ago.

Here is the original C.O.O wheel design that uses FZR donors NOT GSXR and is on center with stock specs.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html

Not trying to be a party pooper, just making sure you are aware of things. I myself considered buying one of those Ebay wheels just to check it out a few months ago.

Please keep us posted on the results WITH PICTURES :biglaugh:

Neil
That was me. The welds didnt look very good and the paint was very bad, not to mention the offset was in the wheel and couldnt be fixed without some cutting and rewelding. Now some lucky guy in Australia has it.

Hey Andy...

What are you running now??? Hope you didn't mind me alerting others to the situation that you had :confused2:

Those are GSXR for sure.

Neil

Andy,
the person on eBay that you bought your bad offset wheel from, do you happen to remember what his name was?
im starting to not feel so good :Dizzy::Sick: :barf:

Hello All

I've got one of those 18" solid discs from the ebay seller "eightsnuff", here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=150116578255

Bought it because it was a solid wheel and the price was good. While it's not mounted yet (need to install the other parts I've bought before the radials go on) here are my thoughts so far. The welds on the brake side of the rim at the hub are not the prettiest but they are smooth and the is no splatter. Once installed you would not see the welds with the disc in the way.

As for the rest of the rim, it looks really well done and as a buddy put it: it's dead sexy man ! ! !

The eBay seller said the wheel is offset (like a stocker), fits a 180 and will run inside the stock swingarm. Depending on your bike the washer swap might be needed.

Before I run this wheel I'm going to get it checked out with some non-destructive testing just for my piece of mind.

Will let you all know how this one turns out and to be honest I'm not too sure right now with this current thread (fingers crossed) but I do have a double notched swingarm on order too.

That's it and thx for a GREAT forum :D :D :D

Hey Andy...

What are you running now??? Hope you didn't mind me alerting others to the situation that you had :confused2:

Those are GSXR for sure.

Neil
Im back to running the stock wheel for now. I dont mind you alerting others to my situation but I'm sure the guy selling those rims does.

ROB06 The guys ebay name is eightsnuff. The paint and welds werent the greatest but you get what you pay for. I'm not saying the wheels arent any good, but the guy should at least take a picture standing straight behind the bike to show the offset. Looks like theres no cheap way to put a decent wheel on a v-max.

Back