1972 Kawasaki H2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Do we have any H2 guru's here?

After pushing around Busa and Zx14 ideas I finally just decided to start restoring my H2 instead.It's been waiting since 1991 in boxes.I intend to give the motor the full Lauren's race engine treatment.They are getting up to 220 hp now from these.

I just found out that the easiest way to make these old bikes handle and stop is to put 600 FZR forks,wheels,brakes and swingarm right on.Man that sounds familiar!Well at least I still have the FZR swingarm for a start.I will be able to find more wheels,forks and brakes hopefully on ebay.

The widow maker! :biglaugh:

I am guessing some frame gussets are in store for it as well... People think the Vmax has a hinge in it... That term came from the H2's...:clapping:

You aint shitting!I have the denco specs.They want everything gussetted and the whole frame tig welded.Even the stock welds.The thing was cool as shit though before I lost a rod bearing 17 years ago!

I found this one that I really like.750 in a 500 frame too.

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
I will say the 750H2's are one of a kind! We have 2 here in Nashville that race once in awhile, and god they are so fucking annoying to listen to and that 2 stroke oil burn smell:bang head: but hey each to there own.

Well I guess that you have no motocross racing experience.I have rode and raced them half of my life.I love 2 strokes.My speed boat has a big v6 2stroke also.I feel that they have ruined motocross by forcing them to convert to thumpers.
You make it sound like they sound like weed wackers or something.I think that if you rode one on the street that you would feel different.Just like riding a 250 motocross bike on the street only 3 times meaner.

Well I guess that you have no motocross racing experience.I have rode and raced them half of my life.I love 2 strokes.My speed boat has a big v6 2stroke also.I feel that they have ruined motocross by forcing them to convert to thumpers.
You make it sound like they sound like weed wackers or something.I think that if you rode one on the street that you would feel different.Just like riding a 250 motocross bike on the street only 3 times meaner.

I am not sure if you directed this comment towards me. Surely not thinking I have no M/X expierence. Ok, well I owned a GOPED that had a 2 stroke engine on it and I rode it on the street. Damn what a powerband.:rofl_200:
Whats a Two Fitty? is that Fitty Cents Brotha?

Do we have any H2 guru's here?

After pushing around Busa and Zx14 ideas I finally just decided to start restoring my H2 instead.It's been waiting since 1991 in boxes.I intend to give the motor the full Lauren's race engine treatment.They are getting up to 220 hp now from these.

I just found out that the easiest way to make these old bikes handle and stop is to put 600 FZR forks,wheels,brakes and swingarm right on.Man that sounds familiar!Well at least I still have the FZR swingarm for a start.I will be able to find more wheels,forks and brakes hopefully on ebay.

There is a guy named Pat Clark in Anchorage, I havent talked to him in about 10 years, but he used (maybe its still open) Clark's cycle. He ran a H2 that was well in the 9's as long as a old turbo'd GS what was kissing the 8's the last time I watched him run. I'll see if I can get a hold of him for ya.

Shawn....I owned a 72 and a 76 750 H2.....wicked ass fast bike...."THE WIDOW MAKER" THEY DIDNT CALL THEM THAT FOR NOTHING!....LOL
I'd love to get another....stiff ride but faster that anything!!!!!

Here's an h2 motor in a zx7 frame. I decided to stick to old school. Stock frame modified and new forks,wheels brakes and stretched,braced swingarm.

Attachments

• zx7 h2.jpg
    zx7 h2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 16
Back