• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 # 3524

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am putting this out there before I am done with it just to get some feelers. This is an original owner 1985 with 9,300 original miles. It was a barn find. I am going over it as we speak. I pulled the tank & sealed it with KYB & I have all new fuel lines , All new carb diaphrams & I am going thru carbs , It will have brand new tires, New battery, new stator, new VR. Clutch & brake masters & slave rebuilt & I am doing an in frame motor paint on it as the paint was starting to lift in some areas as they all do after sitting. I am polishing all the aluminum not a show shine but will be nice looking. The only things not original are the scoops & fork brace have been powder coated, K&N air filter & the baffles have had the center punched not holes drilled in the end they look completely stock just have a little more rumble other wise this bike is stock down to the handle grips. $4,000 your choice of any solid paint color excluding candies ,pearls etc. or $ 3500 with the original patina paint which all in all looks pretty decent for 30 year old paint. I have lots more pictures I can send the frame & forks ,shocks wheels etc were really clean but I am even cleaning them more. If you are looking for a really nice almost original 85 Max this is it. I don't think you will find to many more in this condition with this kind of miles that have been gone thru by some one that knows what they are doing with a Max. The pictures are before I started on it so you can see I did not start off with a junk basket case.

Attachments

• 1985 Vmax # 3524 (4).jpg
    1985 Vmax # 3524 (4).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 1985 Vmax # 3524 (5).jpg
    1985 Vmax # 3524 (5).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 1985 Vmax # 3524 (6).jpg
    1985 Vmax # 3524 (6).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1985 Vmax # 3524 (18).jpg
    1985 Vmax # 3524 (18).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1985 Vmax # 3524 (20).jpg
    1985 Vmax # 3524 (20).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32
Someone is gonna have a good deal at the $3500 region, the original paint is a + to me. Kyle will have it running well and refurbished for the next owner.

Someone is gonna have a good deal at the $3500 region, the original paint is a + to me. Kyle will have it running well and refurbished for the next owner.

Thanks Phil ! This was already a pretty clean bike. I might be getting carried away with it but I just want to make sure it's right and I have always had good luck with clean 85'S

I have a few friends who have been kicking around the idea of getting a Vmax. I'll circulate this among them to see if any bite.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Man... I ve been tossing around the idea. The eliminator Texas has or spend a couple thousand more and get another gen 1..... why do I always sell mine....

Latest posts

Back