• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 vmax $1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone emailed him and asked for the VIN number? I really want a second bike but this seems to risky to just go buy.

I do have a 94 so you'd have matching years! I won't be as cheap as these CL bikes but will warranty what I sell!

It's #407, and it's a complete bike.....OEM embossed side covers, scoops, backrest/sissybar, OEM grab bar, fork brace....all there.

It's #407, and it's a complete bike.....OEM embossed side covers, scoops, backrest/sissybar, OEM grab bar, fork brace....all there.

I just checked the posting, and it was gone. You know quite a lot of info Danny. Did you pick it up?

Good.....you need something to mess with. :clapping:

That's what I thought too Eric....funny but Heidi just didn't see it that way. She came out to see the bike when I pulled in the driveway, turned and walked back to the house mumbling things about compulsions and obsessions and fanatical behavior and some other stuff I couldn't catch......go figure! :rofl_200:

Hey Danny, You can tell your wife you helped out a fellow Vmaxer buy buying the bike. You stopped me from spending $1200 that I shouldn't have :eusa_dance:

Hey Danny, You can tell your wife you helped out a fellow Vmaxer buy buying the bike. You stopped me from spending $1200 that I shouldn't have :eusa_dance:

That's a hell of an idea Tim....can't see any reason why it won't work either! :biglaugh:

Looking it over today and it isn't bad at all, been sitting for a long time from the look but pretty much an unmolested first year VMax....even the anti-tamper plugs for the mixture screws are still in place.

I didn't pay anywhere near $1200....just a little over half that actually so looks like it might work out ok. :clapping:

When I looked at the photos I told him I wouldn't offer anywhere near his asking price....figuring that would kill it, but he said 'just out of curiosity what would you offer' so I told him $600. We agreed on $675....if I liked it....and the rest is history.

It didn't look a whole lot better in person and figuring it would be a parts bike at best I decided to bring it home.....now I'm thinking it might turn into something.....:confused2:

Nice score Danny. I'm interested to see what it takes to ger her going again

I'm interested in this too Mike....I'll clean the tank & carbs, get her running and see what the deal is on 2nd gear.....that's the big question now. :ummm:

Got a question for you guys knowledgeable with '85's....did Yamaha black in the stamped 'VMax' letters on the side covers? These are in excellent shape but the letters are blacked in and it looks factory.

Latest posts

Back