1st Gen VMax Frame Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOST

Reaction score
Can't help but want those billet frame braces from Exactrep. But at $350+ shipped, I take a breath and put it on my wish list instead. Plus ordering from the UK is not what I had hoped. There must be a local shop making these bars in the US. They would be a huge selling item for VMax owners. Is there a manufacturer in the US making these?

Can't help but want those billet frame braces from Exactrep. But at $350+ shipped, I take a breath and put it on my wish list instead. Plus ordering from the UK is not what I had hoped. There must be a local shop making these bars in the US. They would be a huge selling item for VMax owners. Is there a manufacturer in the US making these?
They're on my wish list too. Prices are steep, I know. I think I'll see how she handels with the Radials and swingarm braced first. That's why I love this bike, so much is avilable to make it what you want it to be. Check John Furber out too, he sells them.
Steve-o

I think there was a thread about this recently?

Anyhow I am wanting to get one too but with the cost of them, it might be farther back on the list of things to buy.

Sean is taking care of that... Give him a ring. You might convince him to get this done quicker... :biglaugh:

I do not want to weld anything on my VMax frame...heck, I'd cry if there is a scratch on that beautiful frame. Dirt, grime, dents and dings are non existant on my Max. Yea, I baby the hell out of it, but that is just me. I am sure the product is good and functional. But...those Exactrep bars can sit there and look pretty on my bike any day! They bleed the word bitchin' doing nothing. They look like bars that have to strap that V 4 from jumping out! I owned 4 Harleys previously. All very fun and cool bikes. But from the time I saw my first VMax, I knew that was what I REALLY wanted. I will probably pop for them regardless I think. Just was hoping a US fabricator was making something close. If I do order them from Exactrep, I will post the entire buying experience and post before and after pics. Thanks for your replies! Dan

I like this one I bought for my vmax last spring. Compliments the bikes robust look for sure!!!

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 127
Looks good! Where did you buy it? How much? Was there any welding needed?

I've never seen exactrep braces in person. Looking at photos they seem like a stout brace but the connection to the upper frame tube appears flimsy?

I've never seen exactrep braces in person. Looking at photos they seem like a stout brace but the connection to the upper frame tube appears flimsy?

its a pretty heavy duty clamp. enough to be a noticible difference on mine.

Boxenstop comes back all German. Can you steer me in the right direction for those braces?

Boxenstop comes back all German. Can you steer me in the right direction for those braces?

Here is the english version, in Florida. http://www.boxenstoppdaytona.com/Gateway.htm there is also a downloadable .pdf catalog on his site too.
If your not good with dialect, you'll have to pay a little more attention when calling. Joe has kind of a thick accent. great people to do business with.

Thanks for that note, I did order mine from Joe at Boxenstopp. Joe is a great guy and takes care of you too! That site has some neat products from Germany......

Here is the english version, in Florida. http://www.boxenstoppdaytona.com/Gateway.htm there is also a downloadable .pdf catalog on his site too.
If your not good with dialect, you'll have to pay a little more attention when calling. Joe has kind of a thick accent. great people to do business with.

Joe is a great guy and takes care of you too!

He is tops, Funny guy and great to BS with. Shocked me how fast my fighter scoops, inserts and my fighter tail were sent to me. The way they were packed, I don't think a pound of C4 would have done any damage to them. I'm going to place another order with him next week for the proper pillion for the tail. I don't give enough rides anymore to justify the big comfy seat.

Back