2009 Commemorative heel plates and book Vmax Unitized

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgamber0

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enuff to pick up some cool Vmax memorabilia! The is a commemorative heel plate badge kit that came with the first pre order 2009 Yamaha Vmax. There were only 2500 produced and this is a low number at 155. It also came with the 61 page book Vmax Unitized that tells the fascinating story of the development of the new Vmax. The Vmax bible as some say! It was written and produced by Yamaha and not sold in stores.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I was lucky enuff to pick up some cool Vmax memorabilia! The is a commemorative heel plate badge kit that came with the first pre order 2009 Yamaha Vmax. There were only 2500 produced and this is a low number at 155. It also came with the 61 page book Vmax Unitized that tells the fascinating story of the development of the new Vmax. The Vmax bible as some say! It was written and produced by Yamaha and not sold in stores.
I was surprised (and tickled) to discover these gems in a parts crate that came with my bike.
1000006405.jpg

dQUOTE="VmaXXX, post: 538967, member: 75253"]
I was surprised (and tickled) to discover these gems in a parts crate that came with my bike.

So cool! I have seen a few on EBay and noticed most of them have the star logo on the plate holder and some have the Yamaha logo. Not sure if it was a country location that made it get one or the other?

dQUOTE="VmaXXX, post: 538967, member: 75253"]

So cool! I have seen a few on EBay and noticed most of them have the star logo on the plate holder and some have the Yamaha logo. Not sure if it was a country location that made it get one or the other?
That's interesting. I presumed all Gen 2s were Star bikes until around 2016 when Yammy killed that brand.

Yeah, it really was neat finding those in the bottom of that basket. There were even a couple of letters from Star to the original owner thanking him for his order and updating its the progress. Also that big honking plastic holster thing and the knob-headed key. I wonder if he got one of those banners too. I should track him down and give him a call LOL

Back