2009 max hamstrung from the start!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hercules

Reaction score
The 2009 was sort of hamstrung from the start one of the articles I read today someone talked to one of the guys from star asking him what happened to the 1800cc they were testing [the 295HP on the dyno] he said they scrapped it cause they would have had to lengthen[in his words] "the chassis" and they wanted to stay true to form.Thats why no V V T !!!

So your telling me you put a smaller motor in the frame because you didn't want the bike to have a longer wheel base That might mess up handling a little?

Thats what happens when you have 5400 sportbike guys weighing in on a muscle cruiser So overall handling BS comes first!!!!

you could choose to believe that....or

how about VVT would have pushed the cost over 20 grand and they were happy with 200hp instead of 290??

incidentaly one of the videos on the new vmax site said exactly that...

odd that in spain the vmax has more power...reported by visordown.com

Live from Yamaha's 200bhp 2009 V-Max launch

By Ben Cope

Minutes after Yamaha revealed the new V-Max, Visordown brings you the world's first pictures of the new 200bhp model

YAMAHA unveiled their all-new V-Max today in Madrid, at Santo Tome, an old airfield converted into a drag strip. The launch was witnessed by Europe's top motorcycle journalists. And I was there too. The new bike boasts a 1679cc V4 65 degree engine which revs to 9000rpm. Yamaha claim the V4 is producing over 200bhp. The monster V4 not only produces over 200bhp but also a claimed 167nm of torque.
The beefy forks are adjustable and so too is the rear suspension - a huge leap from the pencil-thin forks on the old model and, despite its size and power figures, the V-Max isn't as daunting a prospect as the old model, weighing in at approximately 215kg.

Where did you get that?

215kg is a mere 473lbs,
Yamaha is listing it at 685lb; or 311kg

Hope you're right:ummm:???

wouldnt that be nice? maybe thats dry weight? hahahahaha 4 gallons of gas weighs how much?

Oh forgot to tell you the bikes takes 16 litres of oil....hahahaha

Back