2010 stock V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacockdawg

Reaction score
I have dyno'd my GEN 2 seven times since purchase, all very consistently (considering atmospheric variables) demonstrated 168 to 170 HP in 4th gear pulls. some adjusted for elevation (Denver, Cheyenne) and several performed at sea level (Daytona Beach, Tampa).

I am satisfied that my baseline is 169 HP and that +180 HP is acheivable with simple intake & exhaust (properly mapped) modifications. To support this, I have dyno'd with others with these basic modifications on pump gas.

Exciting times, especially considering the news of 2011 bikes from various manufacturers.

It does seem that after market options are not nearly as available (supply) as the market demand is eager for. (without searching through Europe, where costs are laughably inflated...not everything starting with a V is a good thing, i.e. VAT )

If aftermarket doesn't catch up (availabilty, hands on touch & see, real stats, etc.) I predict that the trade up market might be the new road to speed.... for the simple Dawg just trying to get-R-done. :bang head:

I think things are much better now than they were. Several exhaust choices, now. Akro full system, midpipe, and Vance and Hines has a full system, too.

The one I'm excited about is due out any time, now. It's a 4-1 that reportedly is making some big numbers:

You boys better set down for this!!!
Showed up at Brocks at 7am this mourning and they started fine tuning the 2 maps that they wanted me to have for the 4-2-1 , humidity was still poor for making big power but after about 2 hours of tweaking and massaging , Brocks final runs were.

Map 1) Pump gas and setup for everyday street riding , no tricks or bull crap to fudge #'s it made 203.64HP and 134.98TRQ.

Map 2) MR12 race gas 208.40HP and 132.62TRQ.

Has anyone been over 200 on pump gas and street oil before now??

That was with the Monster Big Air (intake) kit, Power Commander and full exhaust. I would imagine that removing the catalytic converter in the process and the stock pipes removes 20-30lbs from the bike. These pipes are supposed to hit production in the next month or so. And, if you purchase the PC5 from Brock's along with the exhaust, they'll preload it with their map to match your mods and it might well be pretty close to plug and play.

Looking forward to seeing the final product. I really like the looks of the stock pipes, and it will be hard to pull the trigger on the Brock's if it doesn't look as good as it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTHjUS-QazA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqPdmW9WTLg&feature=player_embedded

Vary nice exhaust! Love the sound, this is just another reason I'm waiting for my gen 2. When I'm ready to pull the trigger I want it all! Thanks for sharing...

yep mines got pc5, xpipe, autotuner, arrow carbon fiber cans, i believe the air box is all stock

id like to think all i have to do now is airbox mods and im puttin down 190+

Haha, Jon Cornell can put that in his pipe and smoke it!

30hp+ over stock with intake, exhaust and a chip is pretty impressive. Wish you could get 30 more hp from a Gen 1 that easily, though I suppose it's about the same % increase over stock HP. Start with more, you get more returns. The sound on that system is really nice also.

Makes the 116 I get from my Gen 1 feel so....inadequate. Can't imagine a Max putting nearly double that to the ground! What a ride.

But I get 40mpg! So.....there. I've got ya on that one! :rofl_200:

I've emailed Steve and he responded that he is hopeful that the Brock's 4-2-1 should be available for purchase at the end of the month. It'll be interesting to see what they produce and at what cost.

Santa Claus is coming to town.

182HP 121ft-lbs Jan 23, 2011 , The Ducati Dyno tech describes it in one word - "BEAST", still needs more work in my opinion.

5300 ft elevation w/5% humidity in a Ducati Dyno Chamber, Boulder Colorado Jan 22, 2011. Still needs PCV installation and map-tune.

Attachments

• RunFile_005.jpg
    RunFile_005.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 77
that looks really good man, looks like youre pounding out some serious torque to me :D

I installed a set of 4-2-1 pipes a week ago last Thursday. Without the catalytic converter and the stock cans the DAWG improved 3 1/2% horse power and 6% Torque. My favorite Dyno shop in Denver is down being relocated....so I haven't been able to get the PCV installed and mapped on the dyno. I suppose I could run with some shared maps....just don't want to diminish the curve...only want to improve a couple of places on the band. So, for now I'm just trying to get used to the sound......THE SOUND.....I mean .......THE SOUND!

:punk:

Attachments

• 2010with421pipes2011-01-27_17-56-11_898.jpg
    2010with421pipes2011-01-27_17-56-11_898.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 66
Amazing!!! What dyno shop do you go to? I'm in thornton, co. Is there a local vmax chapter, would be nice to go to a meet/ride up. See ya,
Kevin.

Kevin, I visit a shit load of dyno locations (checks & balances)....figure it's cheaper than a weekend outing of paintball, or day on the golf course....ususally a lot cheaper than a date with the wife :)

FASTER MOTOR SPORTS in Denver is a trustworthy shop that races and works on a large assortment of metric motorcycles. They're straight forward without sells and boasts, there to serve. Give them a shot....you'll be pleased.

Latest posts

Back