2014 Texas Hill Country and Eureka Springs rally dates.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
Here is the remaining rally dates for the fall rally in the South central area

In the past we have had 3 rallies in the south central area. Spring and fall in the Texas Hill country and the mid year one in Eureka Springs.
This year we are changing up abit and trying something new for the fall get-together.
This will be held at a long time members place just south of Hot Springs Arkansas. September 26th, 27th and 28th at www.rememberwhencabins.com
We have 3 cabins, each has 1 king, 1 queen, and a roll way bed. This should accommodate 4 adults regardless of gender. Yes two guys might have to share a king bed, they are huge!! We have 2 queens in our house, and an RV pad if someone brings a trailer. Costs should be about $54.00 a person per night for lodging at our place. Any over flow can be sent to www.degraylakecottages.com just 3 miles around Caddo Drive not nearly as nice as our resort, but a place to rest your head. We also have the Degray State Park lodge about 8 minutes away http://www.degray.com/accommodations/lodge.aspx. In order for this to work we need all three cabins booked as soon as possible, it would be a real show stopper to have one of the cabins booked by a non Vmax guest in the next couple of weeks. Please call us to reserve a cabin at 501-620-9978

Figure on a ride Friday for those who can make it, a burger cook out Friday evening at the point on Degray Lake, a ride Saturday and maybe another cook out at our place. We can use the house for gathering, and my truck for transferring in the evenings if necessary.

Hope this works for most of you, looking forward to another great time.

contact info
Barry & Edie Barker
501-520-8211.
If calling mention the vmax rally.
Michael

Last edited:
Shala & I are as good as there already Mike, except for the fall TX Hill country ride.

If you want, I can lead the Friday Eureka Springs ride again this year, and I will try to schedule all the 2014 snow dates prior to the rally.

It dawned on me last evening, (actually I think Shala pointed it out) that the Eureka Springs date is also Memorial Day Weekend. I hope that doesn't deter anyone from being able to attend. I know a lot of people might have family related plans for a 3 day weekend like that.

talking to the people at the Eldewieiss and memorial weekend is not a good fit. they require a 3 day reservation and rates are abit higher sooooo how about may 9th and 10th?

thoughts?
Michael Hansen

If its the 9th and 10th I cant make it....I'm at work for 2 weeks. I could do the 2nd and 3rd.

Rates higher? That's funny, cause the KOA in Eureka Springs don't charge any extra on a holiday weekend. hehehe. Lots of other choices for hotel/motel rooms in Eureka Springs too.

Repeat after me: "S-N-O-W - - - - M-U-C-H ---- M-O-R-E - - - - L-I-K-E-L-Y ---- I-N - - - - E-A-R-L-Y - - - - M-A-Y" (typed with another 6" fresh powder covering last weekends' lingering 8" snow & ice.) lol

It really doesn't make a difference to me which weekend is selected. Shala just has to schedule ahead. As far as I'm concerned, it could also be the very last weekend in May & June 1st. I'll be there regardless, good Lord willing and the creeks ain't too high.

Heck, for that matter, we might could get away with a weekend in April. The snow last May was prolly a fluke anyway in all honesty.

looking at other ideas and see a couple throw out may 30th and may 31st
What say to the masses?
Michael

The weekend before or weekend after is great for me. Course I am just 1 from Illinois. You probably don't want me there anyway. I plan to drop down to 130lbs and have my CO2 QuickShifter on by then.

rick

The weekend before or weekend after is great for me. Course I am just 1 from Illinois. You probably don't want me there anyway. I plan to drop down to 130lbs and have my CO2 QuickShifter on by then.

rick

:doh: Rick, you'd have to gear up, chow down, and get sopping wet to weigh that much. :whistlin: Bring whatcha got. It's all about the gatherin', not about who can git to the other end first IMO.

I plan to be there, considering last year it's pretty obvious Joe and i will ride in any weather!!!!! Wait, he canceled the hill country rally in October due to rain, what a fair weather rider.:rofl_200:

rick
Yeah, that quickshifter should really help in the corners????? lol

I'm planning on going to Eureka.

2014 Eureka Springs is shaping up nicely! Whoot again.

Hopefully, your father is planning to come along as well. And it wouldn't hurt to start some shirtsleeve tugging on some of the other area riders up there as well? (Wouldn't hurt to add some Victory colors to the weekend)

Yeah, need to start planning and make sure I can get those days off work! I'll talk to my dad this weekend. I'm sure Frank and others will be in too.

Back