2015 VMAX purchase!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip! in some way Dropbox breaks the pdf permissions :)

What's the opinion on seats for someone with a short inseam? Like 29" ??? The only bike I've ever had that I could sit flat footed on is my 900 Eliminator. Any recommendations?

What's the opinion on seats for someone with a short inseam? Like 29" ??? The only bike I've ever had that I could sit flat footed on is my 900 Eliminator. Any recommendations?

Corbin has a lowered front section...looks stock...expensive.

You F Oh has one but they use the same material as the Gen 1 I think.....I like the look of the stock cover on the Gen 2.

You might have to go with a lowering link.

Thanks Mark, now, talk to me about ECU's and "reflashing", and aftermarket exhausts. I bet that's probably going to be my first set of modifications! :biglaugh:

Ok so ECU re-flash....from the factory the throttle openings are restricted at lower speeds and of course the top speed is also restricted. There are also several things most people find annoying like: heavy engine braking in the first 3 gears and jerky low speed throttle response. The re-flash gets rid of all that stuff and also does individual cylinder mapping.

None of that stuff (except for cylinder mapping) can be accomplished with a Power Commander. The individual cylinder mapping alone, done on a dyno would probably cost as much as a re-flash.

So it's a great mod......most people say that it's at the top of their list. I would put it there along with getting rid of the cat.

Losing the cat really makes a difference you can feel. Dropping 20-25 lbs. off the bike and gaining 10 - 15 HP at the SAME TIME takes the performance to another level.

For pipes the popular choices are:

Brocks
Hindle
Akrapovic
Holeshot
Optimal Carbone X Pipe
V&H

The Brocks and Hindle (both are made by Hindle and almost identical) are the only "full" systems that replace the front header pipes.

All the others retain the front header section.

The Akrapovic and the Opimal Carbone X-Pipe both have the advantage of bolting right up to the stock mufflers.....Akrapovic also has their own mufflers which are real nice (and pricey).

Marks also makes a cat replacement that will bolt up to the stock mufflers.....I didn't mention them because there is not currently a re-flash tune for that pipe.

I would also add that I always recommended V&H as the best bang for the buck. They look great, sound awesome, make good power and are priced right. Problem is though that several people have had the cans develop cracks after a few years. V&H has not really stood by them from what I've heard and the replacement cans are expensive.

There is also VooDoo. I've heard that they fit good and perform well but everyone that has them said they are too loud and most have gotten rid of them for that reason.

John I know Greg (Gregoryuw) had a brand new akropvic mid pipe for sale not if sold or not but I recently seen it on Philadelphia's craigslist I think he was asking 700 for the set. Also if your interested I have a 2 inch lowering link from ufo for cheap. Are planning on Thunder in the valley this year ?

John I know Greg (Gregoryuw) had a brand new akropvic mid pipe for sale not if sold or not but I recently seen it on Philadelphia's craigslist I think he was asking 700 for the set. Also if your interested I have a 2 inch lowering link from ufo for cheap. Are planning on Thunder in the valley this year ?

No, not this year, I'm going to Deals Gap to ride the dragon in May with the Honda v4 forum guys, and then in July, I'm going to VMD in Ohio (Vintage Motorcycle Days), and that's the yearly ZL forum get together. I don't think I can schedule a third trip around my work schedule, so maybe next year! :punk:

Mid pipe is not for sale anymore, it's currently being used. :clapping:

Left at 6:00 am sharp this morning, arrived at noon. Bike wasn't there yet. Hmmmm. No worries, went and got the trailer, had lunch at Hooters and by the time I got back, the bike was there, we got everything sorted out with the paperwork while they got the bike ready. I got out of there about 02:30 pm and just pulled in here in Lexington at 11:00 pm, there was a HUGE friggin' traffic jam on the north side of Nashville on I-65, literally did not clear up until the Kentucky/Tennessee border. Anyways, trip was uneventful, haven't even unloaded her out of the trailer yet, I'm tired. Fixin' to go to bed. Will get some better pics tomorrow, I rode it for about 2 miles up and down the road in front of the dealership, can't wait to take it out tomorrow and put in through it's paces! Need to get 600 miles in before May 11th, 1st oil change and break in period, I plan on taking this to the Dragon for SGT! Time to get some sleep!

Slideshow:

http://s121.photobucket.com/user/83GS1100E_Tornado/slideshow/2015 Yamaha VMAX

Sweet bike looks very nice in the sun !! I had to wait about three weeks last year after my 09' was delivered to ride it my road was complete mush (mud) the anticipation about killed me waiting to ride it .

Love that color, and congrats on the New Bike!! Eventually I'm gonna have to buy a Gen 2. They really seem to be growing on a lot of guys here.

Love that color, and congrats on the New Bike!! Eventually I'm gonna have to buy a Gen 2. They really seem to be growing on a lot of guys here.

I always said I was gonna wait until I found one for 10K or less, but once that started happening, and the prices on the news ones started coming down too, it just didn't make sense to spend 10-12K on a used one when I could get a new one for 15K. Can't wait to take her out today and put a few miles on her! :punk:

SUPER NICE!!

Congrats.

I ll be in KY this weekend. Want to met up for lunch possibly?

I was going to ride my max down, but I might have my 14 back together. If so I will definitely be on that.

With more and more prices coming down, I am thinking the same thing. I might just pull the trigger and get a new Gen 2 also.

Just put this Yamaha "Boulevard" Mini-shield on my 2015, not sure if I'm digging it yet or not. Doesn't deflect a lot of wind, but I guess something is better than nothing, I don't want one of those big honkin' shields!

7516177.jpg

Back