2015 VMAX purchase!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the whole bike looks like a 'steampunk' mode of transportation, something Captain Nemo would have ridden. The windshield reinforces that look, which to me, isn't a bad thing.
steampunk-girl-marchallenge-heavily-dressed-but-sexy-demotivational-poster-1267697907.jpg

OK, so I got stuck in a "mini" traffic jam yesterday and had to sit at a dead stop for about 10 minutes, and my temp gauge got up to 3/4. Once I started moving, it came back down to halfway, or just one notch below halfway. Is the 3/4 reading "normal"? I'm assuming a fan kicks in at some point, but did not hear it. Bike only has 25 miles on it at this point, going to meet CaptainKyle today for lunch in Danville KY and should be able to get it up over 100 miles! Excited to start putting some mileage on this puppy! :punk:

My 2009 does the same when I am stuck in traffic or waiting for a long traffic light. It will go back down to 1/2 as soon as I start riding it again. Same behavior with the Gen 1

Well, I've had more than a dozen Gen I's, and most of the ones I've had would BARELY climb above halfway sitting in traffic, and once it did, the fan would kick on and bring it back down to around halfway. Seeing the gauge sitting there at 3/4, and not hearing a fan kick on, was a little concerning.

Perfectly normal !! The gauge I keep a close eye is low gas warning light ..

So how close to "empty" can you get before you are actually EMPTY? I'm assuming there's no "reserve" on this bike. LOL. I should get pretty good mileage on this first tank though, I've yet to take it above 6K. :punk:

Some people say 20 to 25 miles once the light comes on . Last at thunder I was by myself and got really close to that late late at night on some backroad. Hell I pulling the clutch in and tucking my head down coming down back side of mountains just to save what fumes I had I even thought about knocking on any farmers house and offering 20 bucks for a gallon of petro .

Well, I'm over a 100 miles now! LOL! First fill up, fuel light came on around 75 miles, I put another 10 on it before I filled it back up, took just under 3 gallons. Daggum', this is the MPG I get when BABYING it? :biglaugh: Oh well, I didn't buy one of these for it's gas mileage, just have to consider it the cost of all out performance! It's worth it! :punk:

When the light starts blinkin, you better be lookin hard for fuel...best ive ever gotten was 34-35 on the highway at 75-80mph. Around town, and going to work, I average right at 30 and my bike just hit 10k last weekend.

I've been serisiouly considering a new VMAX as well and love the new color. I prefer the color of the 2010 but price on a 2010 is near what a 2015 costs. Is $14,999 the best price out there? The dealer near me has one for $15,999. It sounds like he has some wiggle room, no?

I haven't really looked much into a new vmax, but from what I recall with when I was looking at a 05, in 07. The dealership marks it up for shipping and prep...like what car dealerships do. You should be able to talk them down a little. I have talked to people that ended up getting a new bike, Gen2, for almost $13,000...Cash in hand...helps...lol

Yea, 14,999 was the best price I could find on a 2015, but that was a few weeks ago now. Might be worth a look around just to see if anyone else is having a "sale". :punk:

First round of cosmetic upgrades, Boulevard windscreen, Yamaha factory backrest and rack, Joe Rocket tank bag, installed a new USB port for my phone charger, need to figure out where I'm going to mount the GoPro now. Leaving for the Dragon in 2 weeks!

I just got the factory butt catcher and plate for my 2015 - but got the black finish. Be interesting to compare photos on how they look. Really thought about the silver but ended up trading with another Vmax'r for his black finished gear as he's switching to Corbin seats.

Now I'm really starting to hunt for what I'm going to do with my exhaust.

I'm not touching my exhaust or ECU until the one year warranty is expired, gives me a full year to get used to "only" having 175 HP. LOL! :biglaugh:

I've got to warn you..... I use that exact same tank bag and it left some very considerable scratches and marks on my gen 1. I was very careful to make sure both the bike and the bottom of the bag were clean too.

Latest posts

Back